Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PF 30 Days of PF: My Journey as a Lung Transplant Care Partner

• 30 Days of PF: My Journey as a Lung Transplant Care Partner

Posted by christie on September 2, 2021 at 1:11 pm

To kick off 30 days of PF, Dana Olson shared her story as a care partner for her husband Kevin (writer of the column, “Riding the IPF Roller Coaster”. Dana describes the day Kevin got the call for his double-lung transplant, and how her stepdaughter, Terri, was a big support for her on that day. Dana talks about Kevin’s recovery process and how she was his full-time care partner during that time. Read more about her story here!

Kevin also wrote a column about how Dana writing her story opened up a channel for them to communicate about the IPF journey. Their talks have been valuable and therapeutic for both, giving closure to old fears and hurts. You can read Kevin’s column here.

Check it out and please message @charlene-marshall if you would like to contribute a story for 30 days of PF!

christie replied 2 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • robin-oakman

September 2, 2021 at 6:49 pm

The link “her story here” goes to a CDC site – the link to Kevin’s story is great, but would like to read Dana’s too! Thanks.

• kevin-olson

September 3, 2021 at 9:39 am

Here is the link to Dana’s story.

Dana’s Story

• christie

September 4, 2021 at 12:28 am

Oops! Thanks for the heads up, I’m not sure how that happened, but we got fixed. All links are working now. Thanks team!