Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Marta Ribeiro
      Keymaster

This video from the American Lung Association demonstrates how to perform the “pursed-lip” breathing technique and explains how it can help those who are living with a chronic lung disease.

Have you ever tried it? It helps people who are experiencing shortness of breath and provides a quick and easy way to slow down the pace of breathing, instilling a sense of calm and making each breath more effective. It also allows more oxygen to enter the lungs helping to better control breathing.

Will you give it a try? Let me know in the comments below!

William Kracke
      Participant

First thing they teach you at Pulmonary Rehab.  Supposed to be best  for COPD but I have found that it works just fine in restoring my O2 levels quicker and maintaining O2 levels under exertion and exercise.  I use it all of the time and recommend it, even if you have heard it is not useful for IPF.  Works for me.

Bill K

Hi William,

Thanks for getting in touch and sharing your experience on this topic. I agree, I am finding it works for me as well, especially under moments of exertion and exercise – even though it is intended for COPD patients. I had heard of this before, as a result of my work on the forums, and then when I started attending pulmonary rehab they taught me this as well which was quite helpful. At least worth giving it a try for others, isn’t it? I find it helpful too 🙂

Thanks for sharing.
      Cheers,
      Charlene.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account