• Humidity & IPF

Posted by Charlene Marshall on July 18, 2022 at 6:30 pm

I think one of the hardest things about living with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is the fact that it affects everyone differently. It is really helpful to be able to speak with other patients on platforms such as this one because inevitably we share common experiences; however, there are often differences too.

I was recently talking to a friend of mine who is visiting from the east coast of Canada. She’s a double lung transplant survivor, and is not used to the humidity that we have here in Ontario, so she’s finding it hard to breathe because the coastal parts of our country don’t have the same humidity. I struggle with the humidity too, but I’m used to it and my friend isn’t. Some of the tips and tricks I shared with her to help manage the difficulty of breathing in high humidity weren’t helpful simply because everyone with IPF seems to be affected differently by the heat. As a result, I thought I’d turn to our forums community and ask:

What tips do you have in dealing with the humidity as an IPF patient?

Here’s a column I wrote in 2017 discussing how humidity bothers me: Melting Heat and Humidity Becomes Another Hurdle.

Charlene Marshall replied 1 year, 9 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.