• marshaharris

February 14, 2019 at 7:09 pm

@drandyhall

Thank you for your message, Andy!  I am so sorry for the chaos and frustration you’re dealing with.  Once things settle down for you (and I totally mean this) I’d like to know more about your call to Dr. Cebek.  I send you beautiful thoughts and pray for God’s Blessings upon you.  ?????Marsha

• steve-dragoo

February 19, 2019 at 5:44 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Charlene, for your hard-working efforts and dedication to this beloved forum(s)!!! I start laser therapy tomorrow… – Steve

• Charlene Marshall

February 19, 2019 at 8:51 pm

Such an honour to be in this role @steve-dragoo, thank you for your kind words! I am still working my butt off with the support of our tech team to figure out the errors on the forum following the update. We have a support ticket in place and are hoping the developers contact us this week about getting two main issues resolved: 1. having a reply box appear immediately after someone clicks “reply” to a topic and 2. getting posts organized in chronological order, eliminating any/all broken links and the need for moderator approval. Fingers crossed they get back to us soon!

I am so eager to hear how laser therapy goes for you tomorrow! Did you decide to go with one of the chiropractors you’d already seen, or did you find someone new? I know you weren’t sure about the two you’d investigated for different reasons so curious to hear. Please let me know how it goes, I’ll be thinking of you!

Charlene.

• andrew-hall-dc

February 22, 2019 at 9:56 am

Hi Marsha,

Back to normal after 13 days.  Had some temporary and limited internet, but so glad AT&T finally came through!

Anyway, Dr Cebek and I had a nice chat, he seems very interested in treating a lung condition and sees how photochemically it could be helpful.  We discussed treatment protocol and plan.  I think we are all on the same page.

I had my son set up an IPF site on my office website you might find interesting.   Summit-chiropractic.com

Hope to hear from you soon!

Andy

• Charlene Marshall

February 22, 2019 at 9:59 am

Welcome back @drandyhall, so glad your internet is up and running again, as I am sure you are too! Please take your time in replying to everyone though, I am sure you’ve been inundated with messages 🙂

Just intercepting your reply to Marsha by tagging her ( @marshaharris ) as I know she will appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks again for everything you do for this site!
        Cheers,
        Charlene.

• andrew-hall-dc

February 22, 2019 at 10:28 am

Thanks for the welcome back.  It really has been a frustrating last 13 days.  I had very limited internet, had limited data to use and I tried to just prioritize what I used it for. Had lots of doctors to get back to and that was my first priority.  Yes, have LOTS of catching up to do. Going to be a busy day on the computer.  I have lots to share with everyone.  I know PJ Kessler has posted and I would like to share what she sent me.  Great stuff!  I also got a personal email from her and she and her organization is flooded with protocol requests and etc.  She asked that people don’t do that as they don’t have the manpower to answer everyone’s questions.  But she is thrilled that there are so many human patients that are seeking laser as she has first hand seen what it has done with all the beloved Westies stricken with IPF.  Also, the protocol for dogs is different.  Look at a picture of the Westies and you can see how tiny they are compared to a human. I will address more on this hopefully today when I get caught up. But again, I will forward the links to all the articles she sent.

Andy

• Charlene Marshall

February 22, 2019 at 7:50 pm

Hi @drandyhall,

I can only imagine how frustrating it was for you to be offline for 13 days with limited internet usage! I would imagine the task of getting caught up might be a bit overwhelming for you. Was the delay in getting your internet back due to the sheer number of folks who likely needed their internet restored after the storm?

I can completely understand PJ Kessler’s request regarding protocol questions and contacts. The amount of conversation that blew up on the forums, albeit all great discussion, was overwhelming for me at times to manage and can imagine others who may not have the resources to answer the questions, might have a hard time. Sounds great re: forwarding any links my way and if I can help spread the message widely about not overwhelming PJ with protocol requests, please don’t hesitate to ask. I can make it an overall forum request too. 🙂

Take care and glad to have you back, but yes, please don’t overwhelm yourself with too much work responding to everyone. Pace yourself!

Talk to you soon,
        Charlene.

• marshaharris

February 27, 2019 at 11:15 am

@drandyhall @charlenemarshal

YAY!! Great to see you are back, Dr. Andy!  You were missed by all. Thank you and Charlene for the many hours you spent trying to keep things moving in spite of all the crazy happenings of the past 13 days.  I hope you got some rest and are weighing in on the positive side of your respective IPF scales!

I am happy to tell y’all I had my first laser treatment with Dr. Cebek last Friday and my second yesterday. He and his staff are wonderful!  I go again tomorrow morning.   Next week we are doing just one session on Friday as the Dr. will be out of town until then and we’re picking up again with 3 sessions the following week. Just one or two more things and then I will share the early changes I’ve experienced pretty much from the start of my treatment!  Sooo….Andy, I received test results today that I will mail to you and Dr. Cebek.  As I haven’t yet registered for the laser study yet, I will do so tomorrow.  Please advise of anything else I need to do.  Thanks!

Now on to more good stuff: Dr. Cebek spends a fair amount of time (after his nurse, Karen, finishes working with the laser) applying accupressue up and down my cervical and thoracic spine.  I am in less pain when I leave each session than when  I walked in an hour before!  I have stayed out of bed during the day and in 4 out of 5 days, I have had more energy to get where I need to go and stay out more than 1.5 hours without having to go home due to pain, trouble breathing and low energy.  Of course, I continue to use my oxygen (at 4) and my rollater whenever I go outside of my apt.  Had a long day today with my first pulmonary rehab session and another dr. appt. as well.  Not feeling as well as I was earlier right now, so I’m ready to sleep and greet tomorrow morning with gratitude, hope, one cup of coffee and my third laser therapy treatment!  I’ll keep you posted… Blessings and hugs,

Marsha ???

• Charlene Marshall

February 27, 2019 at 11:22 am

Hello @marshaharris,

So nice to hear from you! I was wondering if you’d been offline because you’d been trying laser. I am so glad you found some support for this, and have been through a couple of treatments 🙂 I am so glad you’re also comfortable with the Dr. and his team, I think that is so important. It gave me goosebumps that you alluded to the fact that you might already be experiencing some positive changes? I’ll keep my fingers crossed that is the case!

I missed Dr. Hall as well and so glad he is back, but I know has a lot of catching up to do. His son joined the forums too, we’re very lucky to have them both here. Thanks for your kind words, I haven’t had much downtime yet unfortunately but hopefully soon. I don’t have much planned for the weekend, so that will be nice.

Please do keep us posted on how you make out with the additional laser treatments, and I am so glad you’re finding them beneficial so far. Sure wish we could have coffee in person together Marsha!

Take care and thanks again for connecting back with me.
        Charlene.

• marshaharris

February 28, 2019 at 1:41 pm

Good morning, Charlene and Dr. Andy! @drandy Thank you for your encouraging posts….I always feel uplifted when I read them!  So true, Andy, about Pulmonary Rehab.  With the energy it takes for me to even get myself there, I usually feel like going right back home!  The potential benefit, however, is worth it.

I will keep y’all in the loop and I so appreciate your kind interest to help.  Charlene, I’m about ready for that coffee you mentioned.  Meet you at the corner cafe in 15 min.??! Blessings,   Marsha                ???

• Charlene Marshall

February 28, 2019 at 1:50 pm

Wouldn’t that be amazing if we could grab coffee and chat in person @marshaharris? Maybe some day .. 🙂

So glad you’re finding the forums, and the information shared beneficial. Do keep us posted on how you continue to do with the laser therapy. The sun is shining here today for you, Marsha. Wishing you nothing but the best always.

Hugs,
        Charlene.

• marshaharris

March 2, 2019 at 9:04 am

Happy Friday, Charlene! @charlene-marshall

So, what would you like in your coffee?  (I’m pretending you’re seated across from me…!)  Thank you for your sweet and encouraging message yesterday.  I felt warm fuzzies as I read it…  I hope you will set aside a whole day this weekend for yourself…perhaps we can have coffee again before you leave for a 1.5 hr massage!

Hugs right back atcha, Charlene…

Marsha

• Charlene Marshall

March 2, 2019 at 9:07 am

So glad I can be of help anytime @marshaharris! Happy Saturday – are you up to anything fun this weekend? As for my coffee, I am pretty boring and just enjoy a dark roast blend of coffee with some cream 🙂 How about you? Oh maybe someday we could all figure out a way to get together and meet in person…. I know I’d sure love that. For now, this site can act as something that connects us all. Sending much love to you!
        Charlene.

• andrew-hall-dc

February 27, 2019 at 1:23 pm

Marsha,

Wonderful!  So glad you feel some relief!  I found Dr Cebek to be a great guy and knew that once you got in there with he and his staff you would be comfortable. I could tell on the phone he was very caring.  We will all welcome news on how things go over the next few weeks, but for now just happy that things are going well and you are up and around.  It may take a while to get acclimated to the pulmonary rehab but I know that will be very helpful for you as well as everything else.

Andy

• jack-blum

February 17, 2019 at 3:22 pm

My name is Jack Blum. In April of 2014, my VA primary Dr. heard crackling in my lungs and sent me for an xray. A month later he stated he thought I had IPF. Was sent to pulmonary at Phoenix VA Hospital. Had a lung biopsy in Oct 2014 and was verified by VA lab and Mayo Clinic that I had moderate to high levels of fibrosis. This all happened a month after the blowup about the Phoenix VA Hospital. I was told by the Chief of Staff of Pulmonology that I had Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and had 2 to 5 years left and to go enjoy the time I had left.
    November 2014, Esbriet was approved by FDA, VA told me it would take them 3 years to get approval for use. I raised holy hexx, and it was sent to special committee, and thanks to their Chief of Staff, I am the first vet in Arizona to be approved for its use (on trial) in December 2014.
    In January 2015, I went to a private Doctor for a second opinion. He tested my O2 levels, and prescribed me to 2 lpm. at rest and 4 lpm. during exercise. I have been on O2, 24 -7 ever since.
    Through my Medicare Advantage Plan with Humana, I was accepted to be tested for lung transplant at St. Joseph Hospital in Phoenix. I was approved for lung transplant, but thanks to Esbriet and exercise and staying Positive, my PFT’s and Six Minute Walks have stayed relatively steady with slow decreases in lung function. I still do not need a lung transplant!
    Last month while doing my treadmill (3 times a week for a mile), on my second lap, my pulse Ox dropped to low 70’s. I had to stop and rest for about a minute and the try to continue. This happened every time. I went into a state of depression, and knew when you get worse with IPF, you go down fast.
    Pulmonary Fibrosis News sent me my weekly e-mail and it listed an article on Laser Therapy. I clicked on it and read the blog and found Dr. Halls website “ipflaserstudy.com” . I e-mailed with him, and he found a Class 4 laser about 100 miles away from me.
    I have had only three treatments, and decided to try the treadmill after not being on it for 2 weeks. For three days in a row, my pulse Ox dropped on the second lap, but only to the low 80’s and did not have to stop, just slow down to 2mph for 1 minute, then able to finish the mile at 2.5mph!
    The main reason for me telling this long drawn out story is to tell folks to not lose hope. Keep positive, do exercise, lose weight if overweight, stay progressive with your illness, and do not be afraid to try something if you think it will help. My transplant Doctors have not researched Laser, and could not comment. My VA Chief of Staff said go for it and keep him informed of my progress.
    Thanks so much to the VA and their doctors for providing me with Esbriet, the Pulmonary Fibrosis News and their articles, and Dr. Hall for coming up with Laser Therapy for IPF.
    Keep the faith,
    Jack Blum

• john-styles

February 19, 2019 at 7:18 am

Update, I am still doing good on the laser treatment,  6th week. No side effects and improved saturation s and energy.  Correction needed on the Egyptian study, seemed I got the Sayeds confused but the study is real and encouraging but not as encouraging as Dr Hall study.

• Charlene Marshall

February 19, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Hi John,

Thanks so much for circling back and letting us know how you’re doing with the laser therapy. Great to hear it is still going well for you! It seems as though Dr. Hall is getting the numbers needed for his study with IPF, which is fantastic. Thanks again for starting this topic thread, it has been so informative to many people!

Take care,
      Charlene.

• steve-dragoo

February 19, 2019 at 9:39 pm

Hi Charlene – I am going to the one who has the best price and a K-laser class IV. He is farther away but I think I need to do this.  So I will go 3X for 3 weeks then 2x for 3 weeks and then once weekly until I leave. The first couple of weeks will depend on weather and the doctor’s availability but it will all work out.

Success with WordPress and fixing the problems so it will give you more free time. Peace and safety – Steve

• Charlene Marshall

February 20, 2019 at 8:48 pm

Hi Steve,

Oh, thanks so much on the update re: laser therapy and where you decided to go! I know you weren’t sure which facility or physician would be best for you, so I’m glad you are going to try one and I hope everything went well today. I also hope the weather cooperated for you. Hard to believe – we’re in for another freezing rain storm tonight and into tomorrow. I don’t ever remember three weeks of freezing rain, and possibly another “ice day” tomorrow. One more month until the official start of spring… I am holding onto that!

Thanks for cheering me on with the WordPress solutions. I am hopeful we can make some progress, and then there will be less stress navigating the forums for everyone. Appreciate your kind words!

Chat soon my friend,
        Charlene.

• pj-kessler

February 19, 2019 at 11:09 am

Hi.

I run a group for Westi Highland Terrier dogs that have Pulmonary fibrosis and have for over 4 years. My Westie Tyler,  16, was diagnosed over 4 years ago with IPF. Because he had such a terrific response,  I started a Westie lung disease/IPF group.  Our members dogs when treated with laser are doing fantastic.  Tyler should have lost his battle with IPF a long time ago but because of Class IV K lasers, he is still here today and doing great. Laser treatments are a miracle treatment for IPF. We also know that their/your environment needs to be controlled as well. Temperatures should be around 67-68 degrees year round and year round humidity should be 50-55%, HEPA air purifier is important,  I use the Winex 5500-2 models and keeping a constant airflow helps these dogs breathe better. Most of us have at least one Vornado air circulator (whole room air circulator) circulatiing the air in our homes.

I have been in touch with Dr. Hall and shared a lot of detailed info with him.  We need to continue to share these treatment options and continue to work towards a cure. Please have Class IV laser treatments to help you live a much longer and better quality of life. I hope there will be a study done on how effective laser treatments are to treat lPF.  Thank you,  PJ

• Charlene Marshall

February 19, 2019 at 8:59 pm

Thank you for your words of wisdom and shared knowledge, @westie ! We appreciate everything you’re doing for all of us living with this cruel disease, including our 4-legged friends. Thank you for collaborating with Dr. Hall and for joining our forums to help facilitate this very hopeful discussion among our members.

Warm regards,
      Charlene.

• pj-kessler

February 19, 2019 at 11:48 am

Because the protocols and settings are completely different between dog’s and humans,  I think it would be to confusing to add any of you to our group.  I have send Dr. Hall.a lot of documents and suggest that you go through him to find a Chiropractor if you want to have laser treatments done.  Our group deals only with Veterinarians with laser and you need to gind a Chiropractor to do yours.

Thank you!  PJ

• steve-dragoo

February 19, 2019 at 12:56 pm

@westie Hi PJ, what group did you start and where? I would like to know more. Thanks – Steve

• david-swain

February 19, 2019 at 4:11 pm

Hello Charlene and all the wonderful members who contribute to this forum.

This is my first post and before continuing I would like to thank you Charlene for all your hard work and sympathetic care in managing this forum. I have been greatly helped over the past few months.

I live in the UK although I am on a wonderful holiday in New Zealand at the moment. I will be interested to hear if there are any other members in UK?

I was diagnosed with probable mild IPF last April, but think because of a persistent cough I may have had it for many years. At present my doctors regime is only 6 monthly tests. I am however taking a number of supplements including serrapeptase and Chinese herbs. Also, I am on mytochondrial therapy taking carnesine, which has improved my energy levels enormously.

I am very interested in Dr Andy Hall’s Laser regime and would like to find a chiropractor in UK who can help me. My son is a chiropractor, but he is here in New Zealand whereas I live in Exeter in the South West of England. Despite on-line searching, I have failed to find one. So I am now emailing  the Uk distributors of K-Laser to see if they can help. Please, @DrAndyHall, or anyone else, can you help?

May God bless is all as we battle this nasty disease.

Thank you- David Swain

• Charlene Marshall

February 19, 2019 at 9:08 pm

Hi David,

Thanks again for joining the forums, so glad you’re here. Although I wish it was not this cruel illness that brings us all together, this group is filled with such wonderful, supportive and kind people who truly “get it”. I look forward to learning more about you, and getting to know you throughout the forums! Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate them and it is such an honour to be in the role of forum moderator for this site. 🙂

I am so jealous about your holiday in New Zealand – that is high on my travel ‘bucket list’. I went to Australia 3 times for my Masters Degree research but never jumped over to NZ unfortunately. Just gives me a reason to return to that beautiful part of the world someday. What has been your favourite part about NZ so far David?

So glad to hear of these alternative therapies improving your energy levels. That is wonderful! I’ve heard lots of positives about Serrapeptase, and some about Chinese herbs although no one saying with certainty yet that they think it helps. How did you find the combination of herbs to use David, was it through an acupuncturist? I’ve not heard of the mytochondrial therapy – I’ll have to look more into this for sure, thanks for sharing David.

I know poor @drandyhall has been inundated with requests for referrals, on top of losing power for nearly a week following a winter storm so I am sure he will be in touch with you as soon as he can. Glad you’re interested in this, it sounds like the more people we have for the study the better, more credible results it will yield. I’m sure Dr.Hall will reply as soon as he can! In the meantime, good thinking about emailing the distributors of K-Laser. I know another member Jean-Michel is near Paris, but no idea if that is anywhere close to you are – sorry my Europe geography isn’t very good. Might be worth connecting with him to see if he has found any chiropractors offering this?

Take care David, and thanks again for writing!

Enjoy your travels,
      Charlene

• peter-goodwin

February 20, 2019 at 8:42 pm

Hi David, You could try http://klaseruk.co.uk/patients/#find

There looks to be a provider 30 miles or so from Exeter in South Moulton. Good luck.

I believe this has already been mentioned but, anyone in the US looking for a K laser provider just type your location in at:

https://www.k-laser.com/medical-professionals/find-a-provider

• Charlene Marshall

February 20, 2019 at 9:03 pm

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for your reply, were you intending this information to get to @bushan, who was hoping to find a class IV laser therapy in Toronto? I applied a tag here if so, that way Delio will be sure to see it. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Charlene.

• andrew-hall-dc

February 21, 2019 at 11:05 pm

Welcome to the forum David.  You will meet a lot of wonderful people here.  I finally have my internet back after 13 long days. Anyway, I did find a chiropractor in South Molton, but as I was scrolling up to your post I see that Jean-Michel beat me to it.

Great to have you join us!

Dr Andy Hall

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 20, 2019 at 1:05 am

Hi @davidaswain,
    A little welcome message : we are neighbors … I live in Paris … also mild IPF diagnosed in January 2017.
    New Zealand is a trip that I hope to do someday, Enjoy 🙂

• david-swain

February 20, 2019 at 4:19 am

Hi @charlene-marshall, Lovely to hear back from you so quickly. New Zealand is indeed a beautiful country. The only downside for us in Uk is that it is so far away – two eleven and a half hour flights. I wondered how I would cope with the reduced oxygen levels during the flight, as I am not on O2. My hospital did a test and said I would be OK. Nevertheless, I it took me about a week to recover afterwards, mostly due to jet lag I hope

My favoutite place in NZ, so far is the Bay of Islsnds, in North Island. Also Cape Reinga in the far north where you can see the waves where the Pacific meets the Tasman Sea. I do hope you will be able to make a visit.

Regarding the Chinese herbs, this was a mixture mentionef in the forum about 6 months ago. I printed out a copy of the mixture and asked a Chinese herbalist to make it up for me. Sorry I can’t give more details until I get back home in a months time.

Although Paris is only about 400km from where I live, it is in France. I have however received a welcome from my relatively near neighbour, Jean-Michel Fourrier.

Keep up the good work ??

• Charlene Marshall

February 20, 2019 at 8:54 pm

Hi David,

Thanks so much for getting back to me!
      Ah yes, I remember the lengthy flights to the “lands down under” well. Although, I loved my time in Australia so much that I often said I’d be willing to do that flight regularly if it meant the beautiful scenery, warm weather and vacation time. I hope you’re soaking up as much of it as you can!

I’m glad you managed okay with the oxygen levels on the plane, I remember worrying about this as well. I didn’t find jetlag as much when I got there as when I returned. It look forever to for me to bounce back once I returned to Canada. That said, everyone is different and I hope you’ve settled in nicely to the time change now 🙂

Your descriptions of where you are sound amazing. I could spend all day watching the ocean waves crash with Tasman sea; I find waves so calming and therapeutic. I live to be by the ocean, and cannot wait to see the sea again when I travel to Hawaii in September, pending I can make it work financially and remain healthy enough to do so. It is good to have goals, right?

Thanks for letting me know about the Chinese herbal mixture. I actually wondered if it was one that I posted the article about here on the forums, so that is good to know. Apologies if I have asked you this already, but do you think the mixture is helping? Always curious to hear what others think of various alternative therapies.

Enjoy the rest of your time from NZ and dip your toes in the ocean for me. What I wouldn’t give to be able to do that at the moment!

Thanks again for writing!
      Charlene.

• david-swain

February 20, 2019 at 4:27 am

Hello @jeanmichelf, Thanks for your welcome. Neighbours, but in different countries. Yes. try and make it to NZ, it’s eorth the effort if you are up to it. Our don moved here last March, so we are hoping to visit every 12 months, health permitting.

All the best  ?

• delio-pelliccione

February 20, 2019 at 5:15 pm

Hi to Charlene and everyone who has offered so much to the discussion of class IV laser therapy.

I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and have been trying to find a chiropractor who offers this laser treatment to no avail. Does any one know a chiropractor in the greater Toronto area who offers this treatment?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Delio

• Charlene Marshall

February 20, 2019 at 9:06 pm

Hi @bushan,

Welcome from a fellow Canadian! Glad you’ve found our forums 🙂

I am not really familiar with class IV laser therapy in general, just learning about it from all the amazing contributions to this topic thread. As a result, I haven’t heard from other Canadian members finding a chiropractor that offers this but I am sure there is someone somewhere. I’ll do a quick search for you of Ontario or the greater Toronto area and see if I can come with anything. Once @drandyhall gets his power back (they had a wicked winter storm and it knocked out power there, so I know he is probably busy trying to catch up) he might be able to help us search too. Please circle back if you find someone and I’ll do the same.

Take care,
      Charlene.

• andrew-hall-dc

February 24, 2019 at 12:59 am

Hello Delio,

Were you able to find a provider in Toronto?  I have helped others in that area find a provider and there are a LOT of them in the Toronto area.  Please let me know if you need help.

Dr Andy Hall

• david-swain

February 22, 2019 at 4:59 am

Hi @PeterGoodwin

Thanks for your response. I’ve checked out the website of the South Molton Chiropractor and will contact him tomorrow. I’m in New Zealand for the next month, so hope to set up my first consultation when I get back.

Many thanks and take care

David Swain

• david-swain

February 22, 2019 at 5:06 am

Hi @drandyhall,

Thanks for getting back to me. I’ve checked out the website of the South Molton chiropractor who has just purchased a class IV laser. He is about 50km from me and the only one in the SouthWest of England.

I will email him in the next day or so, as at present I’m on holiday for the next month in New Zealand. Should I ask him to contact you for treatment details, or can you let me have them to pass on.?

Again many thanks and take care of yourself.

David Swain

• jack-blum

February 22, 2019 at 9:52 am

I now have had 6 laser treatments and am 1/2 way through the 3 a week treatments. Pulse ox slowly getting better on treadmill. Even with three inches of snow on the ground and 20 degree weather, I seem to be breathing easier. Another thing that I have noticed is that since I sleep on my side and have degenerated discs in my lower back, I always wake up with lower back pain and it takes half a minute before I can straighten up and walk ok after getting up.  Now for the last week, I wake up and have no back pain!

I know it’s early in my treatments,but hard to not get excited. Every change so far has been positive.

• Charlene Marshall

February 22, 2019 at 10:07 am

Hi Jack,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with laser therapy! It is always so helpful to hear personal testimonials, and so many of them have been positive which is wonderful news. I am so glad the pain in your back has been reduced as well, it sounds like this might be directly linked to the laser treatment you’re receiving? Otherwise it sure is a coincidence 🙂

I hope the changes continue to be positive for you and I appreciate you sharing your experience!

Warm regards,
      Charlene.

• andrew-hall-dc

February 22, 2019 at 10:36 am

Hello Jack,

I’m thrilled that you are seeing some postive changes.  I wanted to say something about your back pain.  It is not at all unusual for other things to improve.  In the ‘laser community’ it is called “surprise benefits of laser therapy”.  I found that to be true very soon after providing laser therapy to patients. The reason is because laser is ‘systemic’.  Just one example, I treated patient for a knee problem and then they reported that the chronic elbow problem also improved. This has happened countless times in my office and most other offices as well. Heck, we’ll take all the improvement we can take, no matter what it is!  I really am happy for you Jack, just keep getting better!

Andy

• david-swain

February 22, 2019 at 9:57 am

Hi @charlene-marshall,

It’s lovely to hear from you again. Today, we had our first rain in a month since we came to NZ, which was very welcome to the locals. Otherwise sunshine and stunningly blue skies.

Regarding the Chinese herbs, I haven’t noticed any significant improvement. It’s difficult to tell when I’m trying so many supplements etc. I’m due for another check with my consultant on 5th April when I return from NZ. Let’s see what the tests reveal.

Take care of yourself.

David

• Charlene Marshall

February 22, 2019 at 10:03 am

Hi David,

Likewise, thanks so much for writing and connecting with us all the way from NZ. It sounds like you’re having a wonderful trip! Send some of that warmth and blue skies here to Canada for me, it remains so chilly here but the sun is partially out today which is welcomed. I live for the sun, warm weather and especially the ocean: I feel so at peace when I am by the sea, and can’t wait to get there soon. I am planning a trip to Hawaii in September if I remain well enough to attend 🙂

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that your upcoming test in April goes well for you! I know it is tough to tell how supplements are working, especially when compared with others. Hope you continue to feel well for the rest of your trip and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Charlene.

• peter-goodwin

February 22, 2019 at 10:53 am

Hi everyone, I’m on a course of 16 Laser treatments spread over 8 weeks.

Had my third session today. O2 at rest has been hovering around 92/3 this past few months, today it’s 95 !!

Breathing not yet improved but I’ve had a stubborn cold this past 10 days which I don’t think has helped.

Thanks to Dr Hall and especially John Styles who brought his laser therapy to our attention.

• Charlene Marshall

February 22, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Hello Peter,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with laser therapy, I am very happy for you! Wow! I know sometimes we wonder if this might be a bit of a placebo effect, but so many people have had positive experiences and testimonials with the laser therapy, it is hard not to get excited about it. I really hope your cold subsides and your breathing begins to improve as well.

Thanks again for sharing, and yes I join you in thanking Dr. Hall and John for bringing this important topic into the forums.

Take care,
      Charlene.

• john-styles

February 23, 2019 at 7:39 am

That is great news from Peter and Jack, that is all I ever wanted was to let people know there is an alternative treatment that appears is working, and God bless Andy Hall for if he had not used the laser on himself we would not even be talking about the progress we are experiencing.  I can only hope more people do this and we have less deaths from this disease.

• Charlene Marshall

February 23, 2019 at 8:50 am

Hi @caneelbay1, John,

So nice to hear from you, as always and I hope you’re having a great weekend.

Yes, I completely agree about the importance and thanks to Andy Hall for trying the laser on himself and getting the word out there for others to explore. But a huge thanks to you as well for bringing this conversation to our forums, and helping so many like Peter and Jack. The testimonials so far have been overwhelmingly positive and I am so happy for the patients who are trying this out – what an incredible gift it is to have hope again in a seemingly hopeless disease, at times. Thanks again for getting the word out, we’re very thankful for you!

Take care,
    Charlene.

• john-styles

February 24, 2019 at 8:11 am

That is it exactly, I could not have said it better, to have hope again. Well hears hoping, I start my seventh week of laser therapy, time will only tell but I am optimistic. The small increases in saturation and the feeling better are great and I have more energy. My walking outside is strange, prior to last December and in June of last year my saturation’s would actually go up two points and then stay above 90 when walking outside  then in December 2018 I needed portable oxygen to walk a mile on setting of 5 and they would still go down to 78 and I had to stop 6 times to give them time to go back up, now after laser I can walk 1 1/2 miles with no portable oxygen.  I do not think the laser cures any scaring but am hoping it stops the progression of the disease. I had my last cat scan in December 2018 and I will not do one until this December 2019.  I have new pulmonary function tests scheduled for early March hoping they are stable because I was steadily decreasing every 3 months.

• Charlene Marshall

February 24, 2019 at 4:39 pm

So fascinating John! I am so glad you’re finding the laser therapy beneficial, especially when it comes to your oxygen saturation. I agree with you, not a cure but hopefully this at least slows the progression of the disease and by the sounds of it, there is very good reason to be optimistic about that! Goodluck with your 7th week and please continue to keep us posted on any positive changes you notice 🙂

I’m also really curious to hear how your PFTs go in early March, especially compared to the ones showing declines every three months. If you think of it, and would be comfortable circling back to let us know, I’d certainly be interested!

Thanks again,
      Charlene.

• delio-pelliccione

February 24, 2019 at 1:16 pm

Hi @charlene-marshall and @drandyhall,

Charlene, thanks for tagging the link from Peter Goodwin. Some of the practitioners on that list actually only have class 3b lasers; while most of the others who do have class 4 lasers are not familiar with using it for ipf.

I would very much appreciate help from @drandyhall with Toronto practitioners familiar with laser therapy for ipf.

Delio

• andrew-hall-dc

February 24, 2019 at 3:24 pm

Hello Delio,

As you may already know I am very particular about which lasers you should utilize. I feel that by far K-laser is the best due to the wavelengths and penetration of their lasers. Again, serious disease requires serious lasers.  In my search, there are about 21 k-laser providers in and around Toronto.  I suggest that you send me a private email and we can get this figured out for you. I can tell you, just like the vast majority of laser practioners, they have been trained mostly for musculoskeletal conditions, but if they are given the protocol they will know exactly what to do.  Send me a private email at   [email protected]   Also, go to my website, which is located at      summit-chiropractic.com    and click on IPF.  You will see an article I wrote on laser therapy and especially how it relates to lung diseases. At the end of the article are current treatent protocols. Print the article for the doctor.  It will be good review for the doctor as far as the photochemical processes that take place and the protocol. I’m always happy to answer any questions for you or the doctor.

Dr Andy Hall

• john-styles

February 24, 2019 at 2:44 pm

That is the challenging part, once you find a chiropractor with a class 4 cold laser tell them this disease is terminal and show him or her the post from Dr Hall and ask them to treat you. Worked for me.  The treatment of lungs by laser is not an approved treatment.  You will have to appeal to the chiropractor and want to do the treatment.

• peter-goodwin

February 24, 2019 at 3:24 pm

Hi Dello

When I found a local provider I eMailed  him a link to the original Laser Therapy thread so he knew what it was all about. It may also be useful to include Dr Halls own website page (  https://ipflaserstudy.com/laser-therapy/   ) where Dr Hall  explains in detail the therapy and provides other practitioners the exact protocols to work with.

I guess the therapy we require isn’t what your average chiropractor gets asked for every day – or ever, so they may require a little more information. Good luck.

• Charlene Marshall

February 24, 2019 at 4:43 pm

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for connecting back regarding laser therapy service providers. I know your note was to Delio, so I am just intercepting quickly to tag him @bushan so he sees your reply 🙂 Are you also in Toronto, Peter? Was the Chiropractor’s response positive when it came to treating you with laser therapy, especially after showing him Dr. Halls site/write up? Just curious about the varying responses that might come from treatment providers.

Thanks again and I hope you had a nice weekend.
      Charlene.

• peter-goodwin

February 25, 2019 at 6:18 am

Hi Charlene

No, I’m over in England. I searched the K Laser provider site for the UK and found an osteopath a couple of miles down the road, the next nearest was 50 miles away so I’m a tad fortunate. As luck would have it he knew a mutual acquaintance of Dr Hall’s and was able to confirm what was required.

I went for my fourth session today. My osteopath tells me K Laser have now issued their own protocols for treatment of Pulmonary Fibrosis patients, so hopefully that should help when contacting K Laser providers.

• Charlene Marshall

February 25, 2019 at 3:11 pm

Oh that is wonderful news Peter! I am glad you found someone over on your side of the pond 🙂 You’re semi-neighbours to @jeanmichelf, and @davidaswain. I know not super close but closer than I am to them, so interesting to hear where everyone is from on the forums!

Really glad to hear the update on protocols being issued when using lasers for the treatment of Pulmonary Fibrosis. We’re getting closer and closer to successfully slowing down this disease, and treating it. Glad you’ve done a few sessions, have you noticed much of a difference?

Goodluck to you!
        Charlene.

• steve-dragoo

February 26, 2019 at 10:32 am

@petergoodwin Hi Peter – that sounds very exciting that K laser “has seen the light”! – pun intended… Please post or list where K laser has the protocol. Thanks – Steve

• delio-pelliccione

February 24, 2019 at 8:26 pm

Hi @drandyhall & @charlene-marshall,

A huge thank-you for the incredibly quick follow-ups and advice! I will do my part, now.

Thanks also to Peter Goodwin and John Styles. I am so hopeful for better health.

Delio

• Charlene Marshall

February 25, 2019 at 8:23 am

Hello Delio,

No problem, I am so happy we’re able to help and provide a little bit of advice. Really grateful for the ability to have so much open dialogue here about laser therapy and hope you find it beneficial if you come across a location within your proximity. If you find a provider you’re happy with, please report back as I know some other members on the forums are from the Toronto area and might also benefit from this information.

Thanks and best of luck!
    Charlene.

Page 1 of 2

The discussion ‘Laser Therapy Part II’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now