Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Using Our Forums Laser Treatment. Whats going on?

• Laser Treatment. Whats going on?

Posted by thom on March 1, 2020 at 11:16 am

I try to read all that is posted on this.  Please pardon me if i skipped by this.  But ive not read anything lately about those that have been getting laser treatments.  Are there any updates on treatments and how are those of you doing?

Thanks…..Thom

Charlene Marshall replied 4 years ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Charlene Marshall

March 1, 2020 at 11:17 am

Hi Thom,

Thanks for writing to us. Yes, the discussion on laser therapy has seemed to die down a little bit. I haven’t tried this myself yet, so unfortunately I can’t offer any personal insights but I think John ( @caneelbay1 ) and @marshaharris can provide you with their experiences into laser and whether or not they are still seeking this treatment. Any insight you both can offer here?

• john-styles

March 2, 2020 at 6:45 am

I have had 99 treatments to date, started laser January 17, 2018 and was diagnosed october 2016.  When I think back to January 2018 and compare myself to what I was doing and what I am doing now,  I  still have the improvement that happened after I started laser. My pft tests initially improved and I was waiting to post until I did another test. After the initial improvement I was stable and hope I still am stable with the pft tests. I do laser twice a week then the next week once a week then back to twice a week. I am doing 15 watts for 20 minutes.  I was steadily deteriorating before starting laser. My form of this disease is usual interstitial pneumonia, I think this form is more aggressive. I do not take the medication available because I have some liver scaring and I would only qualify for a transplant if I did a lung and liver transplant.

• Charlene Marshall

March 4, 2020 at 7:37 pm

Thanks so much for writing back to us @caneelbay1 – it is so nice to hear from you John! Glad you continue to do well, and I know @thom will be happy to hear from you as well. 🙂

I will keep my fingers crossed that you remain stable as well!
    Charlene.

• karen-boettin

March 5, 2020 at 3:01 pm

I’ve had around 50 treatments down to twice a week and I feel it has helped me a lot with my ability to go without oxygen .ex ample I can walk to my bathroom without o2 now and stay in the 90’s.

• Charlene Marshall

March 5, 2020 at 3:22 pm

@nimrod

That is great to hear Karen, thank you for sharing! I’m sure it’ll help others like @thom who is seeking information on the laser therapy. Thank you for letting us know.
    Char