• Posted by Charlene Marshall on February 20, 2018 at 3:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

I was speaking with another forum member about this recently, and I shared my frustrations with having to carry and lift the things I need to function throughout the day and becoming short-of-breath as a result. More specifically, when going to work in the morning I have with me: my purse (it is small, I have downsized), my lunch bag, my oxygen concentrator (which also has a small trolley that has to go with it) and usually an item for work such as my briefcase or meeting binders. I am growing increasingly tired with having to carry this and find more often than not, I am frustrated with the process of just getting into work. I have thought a lot about getting a small trolley to pull everything into work with me, but I still have to lift the items from my car into the trolley to bring into the office. How do others manage this?

At the end of the night, I don’t find it as frustrating as when I “unload” my car, because I can then rest since I am home for the evening. However, my frustration stems from being tired even before my day begins because I am lifting items out of my car to carry into the office. Does anyone have any tips on helping to manage this? I often get colleagues to help me, and I am very grateful for this, but it isn’t sustainable, especially if I am not going into work and am instead going to the mall, running an errand or going to an appointment.

Thanks in advance, and I welcome any/all thoughts.

Cheers,
    Charlene

Charlene Marshall replied 6 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.