Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums PF Communities PF Life: Young Adults Planning Trips Help Me Cope With IPF.

• Planning Trips Help Me Cope With IPF.

Posted by Charlene Marshall on January 29, 2019 at 6:51 pm

One of the things I love most about this forum is the opportunity to truly get-to-know people. People who really “get it” and understand what it is like to live with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). I greatly appreciate the contributions, stories and experiences about their disease that people share. I am lucky to have also had an opportunity to connect with people beyond the forums and hear parts of their lives aside from their disease. I really consider this a privilege, as I love getting to know new people.

In return, I feel so lucky to share pieces of my life with you outside of my own diagnosis of IPF. One of the things I regularly share is my passion for travel and my desire to see the world before it’s too late for me, or before my disease progresses too rapidly. Its so secret that this girl loves adventure! Truth be told: that was one of my biggest fears about being diagnosed with IPF; that someday my ability to travel would be taken away from me. I will do everything in my power to ensure this doesn’t happen for as long as possible.

Traveling with IPF has been different, especially compared to when I was healthy and could just “up and go” on vacation. Now it requires careful pre-planning and strategic thought about how to ensure my oxygen needs are met while away. That said, it isn’t impossible and I am so grateful for that. To some, the work that goes into planning a trip with a life-threatening illness isn’t worth it and I can understand that side of things too. However, that won’t ever be the case for me.

I thought I’d share a very personal column I wrote last week about how planning a trip helps me cope with IPF. You can find it by clicking the blue link above, or going to this page.

While planning a trip/traveling is an expensive way to help me cope with IPF, I’ll do whatever it takes to make this process a bit easier.

What helps you cope with IPF?

What brings you joy despite your illness?

replied 5 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.