Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Timothy Reed
      Participant

I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation,pulmonaryfibrosis even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain from http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/dutch-treat-haze/ . Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don’t even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy.

Hi Timothy,

Thanks so much for starting this thread, it is one that many of us patients likely wonder about. There is a long thread about the use of CBD oil, and even some members on these forums sharing their experiences with it. That thread can be found here, if you’re interested: https://pulmonaryfibrosisnews.com/forums/forums/topic/cbd-oil-ipf/

I don’t suspect many of those living with IPF/PF can actually smoke marijuana, which is why the discussions about CBD oil might be so popular. I haven’t come across any literature endorsing it yet either, though I haven’t given it a real good look. Some patients have definitely mentioned it has been helpful for them though.

Which way are you leaning in terms of wanting to try it for the management of PF? I’m always curious, as so many people have different views on this. I think as long as it helps with symptom-management (and doesn’t hinder anything), it’s probably worth a try. Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Warm regards,
      Charlene.

Timothy Middleton
      Participant

I am very interested in CBD, I ordered the pills and oil but haven’t taken them yet. My biggest reason is to get off the codeine cough syrup which is ten times worse than THC. I have a hard time sleeping when I don’t have my cough syrup it is good with suppressing my cough but man it’s addictive. I have read lots about the positive of THC through the nebulizer which doesn’t send all extras to your lungs from smoke. There’s a lady on YouTube claiming that she cure her PF through THC and CBD. There is some info on positive effects on fibrosis. I am going to try the pills with no THC so I can offset the codeine cough syrup. I have read the it really helps with inflammation, helps you sleep at night, and puts our mind at ease without the psychoactive effects of THC but I am going to try the nebulizer too soon.

Hi Timothy,

Sorry for all my questions in your CBD oil post, I had responded to them without seeing this one first! I think after hearing of others’ experiences, as well as weighing out the pros and cons for me, that I am also wanting to try the CBD oil. Where did you order it from?

After an exacerbation last year, I was also given the cough syrup with codeine and I agree, it is addictive! It suppressed my cough so that I could sleep, but I asked to come off it because my cough is associated with my disease, not a virus or infection so it wasn’t really “treating” anything per se. I also found it addicting, and didn’t like that feeling.

Let us know how it goes with trying the pills, and if it is effective in helping you stop the cough syrup, if you’re comfortable with that? I’d love to hear your experience with it and see if it is something I should consider. Putting my mind at ease would be good for nighttime as well, as I find my mind just races continually as I try to fall asleep, which is not helpful.

Thanks for writing and goodluck!
        Charlene.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account