Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Re: Sinus Trouble: A Possible Solution?

• Re: Sinus Trouble: A Possible Solution?

Posted by Charlene Marshall on February 16, 2019 at 2:17 pm

One of the things that I love so much about these forums is the ability to connect with others and share solutions about similar experiences we’ve all had. Actually, it is hard to pick just one thing I love about these forums – as there are so many – but the fact that solutions, ideas or discussions exist here that I can’t find anywhere else, is extremely comforting. I also just thoroughly enjoy getting to know the wonderful members of this forum community!

Recently I posted a topic about Sinus Trouble as a Patient with Pulmonary Fibrosis and to my surprise many of you could relate to the increased sinus sensitivity I was experiencing. When I wrote this post, I wasn’t sure if the sinus sensitivity I was experiencing was due to a cold virus I was battling, or if it is a symptom of my overall disease progression. In addition to mentioning it on the forums, I briefly wrote about it in one of my recent columns titled Options for Care When IPF Makes Me Feel Unwell on the main Pulmonary Fibrosis News page.

Following that column being published, a reader commented on a solution that was effective for him when it came to sinus trouble. Have any of you heard of cryotherapy?

This is something that the reader said is FDA approved, can be done in under 45 minutes in an office setting which means it must not be invasive. This is always a bonus! He also said that the sinus problems are resolved usually within four to six weeks. I hadn’t heard of this before, but I wanted to share it in our forums community for others who struggle with sinus issues. It might be a good resolution for you to consider.

Others have mentioned the benefit of Serrapeptase (thanks Steve!) when it comes to sinus relief, along with specific prescriptions of nasal solutions.

Do you have any other resolutions for increased sinus drainage or trouble with sinus sensitivity since your IPF diagnosis?

replied 5 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.