Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Self-Preservation Strategies This Holiday Season

• Self-Preservation Strategies This Holiday Season

Posted by Charlene Marshall on December 21, 2021 at 7:40 pm

Many of us are preparing both mentally and physically for our second ‘pandemic Christmas’ in just a couple of days. First and foremost, I want to echo my amazing co-moderator @christie-patient‘s words and wish you all a wonderful holiday season! Please know that we recognize that Christmas isn’t always a happy and joyous time, and we are (virtually) here for you. Reach out if you’re needing support.

Second, I wanted to share some tips for managing the holiday season with pulmonary fibrosis. I recently wrote a column called, Self-preservation Strategies for Navigating the Holidays Amid a Pandemic. My column elaborates on them fully, but in short-form those strategies are:

• Ask your guests about their vaccination status (as uncomfortable as that may be!)
    • Limit food and alcohol consumption
    • Maintain healthy sleep habits (despite being on holidays)
    • Ask for help

I don’t know about others, but I’ve found the holiday season harder since my diagnosis of IPF. While I still thoroughly enjoy it, I do have to do things a little differently to preserve my mental, emotional and physical energy.

What other self-preservation strategies to you employ for getting through the holidays as an IPF patient?

Charlene Marshall replied 2 years, 3 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.