Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Using Our Forums Tagging & Posting Updates on the PF Forum.

• Tagging & Posting Updates on the PF Forum.

Posted by Charlene Marshall on January 2, 2019 at 3:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year to you all – I hope you’ve enjoyed a wonderful holiday season and hope you are taking time for you this coming year. I am so thankful that you were all part of my story in 2018, and I look forward to our continued friendship in the months ahead.

With being away in New York City for vacation before the holidays, combined with the chaos of Christmas, I unfortunately got a little bit behind on the forums posts and my replies. Thankfully, I’ve dedicated some time to catch up and as of today I am all caught up on everyone’s posts on the forum. However, while I was catching up and scrolling back a few weeks worth of posts, I noticed something that I wanted to highlight for others on this forum, which is: the difference between posting an update vs. contributing to a topic thread.

I am happy for folks to use either method to connect with others on the forums, but wanted to highlight that when an update is posted (on the homepage, this is when you type in the box under the “What’s new, Charlene?”), it gets posted on the activity feed on the PF News Forums homepage for others to see, but it doesn’t notify anyone unless you tag them. Therefore, if you’re trying to connect with others directly or get their attention, they might not see if it you just post an update. However, if you tag someone in that update then they will be notified that you are trying to reach them in your update post. To tag: type “@” and without a space, start typing the name of the person you’re trying to notify in your post. @charlene-marshall is how a tag will show up, and the person will then get notified to reply to you.

On the contrary, if you reply to someone’s post in a topic thread (“threads” are different conversation topics) then they will automatically receive a notification that you replied, and they will respond accordingly.

Again, you are most welcome to post your reply or connect in either the updates section on the homepage or the topic thread. What I wanted to highlight in this post is how others will be able to see your note, as they will be directly notified if you reply to a topic thread, and they won’t (unless you tag them) in an update on the Forums homepage.

I hope this doesn’t complicate things. If you have any questions, as always please feel free to connect.

Cheers,
    Charlene.

Charlene Marshall replied 5 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • michael-lamkin

January 3, 2019 at 9:32 am

Thanks Charlene!

• steve-dragoo

January 4, 2019 at 9:15 am

Thank you…

• Charlene Marshall

January 4, 2019 at 11:13 am

No problem Steve and Michael, so happy to help!

I am so appreciative of people’s precious time and energy when they choose to post on the forum, so I want to ensure it reaches the right audience to generate a response if this is what is desired. Thanks to both of you for being part of this wonderful community.

Enjoy your weekend 🙂
    Charlene.