• Using A PFF Webinar to Reinforce Our PF Knowledge

Posted by mark-koziol on September 3, 2019 at 5:00 pm

As most of us know, September is Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Month. Charlene wrote her most recent forum topic on this. I hate to piggyback off of her idea but she gave me permission. She knows as someone currently suffering with this disease there needs to be more awareness of what this disease entails. Pulmonary fibrosis is a devastating disease for the patient and the caregivers. Most patients are unaware this disease existed until they were diagnosed.

Fortunately there are organizations such as The Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation (PFF) dedicating their charitable services for research and contributions towards other organizations providing care and psychological support. My diagnosing doctor stated to me the PFF is one of the best rated charitable organizations. I use their site quite often and have reason to believe he is correct. On their website they offer webinars periodically. I recently watched “Ask a Doc”; this webinar was offered in June of this year and presented in a FAQ style. The questions and answers are the situations we endure each day.  There might be a question you would have liked to ask your own doctor but maybe you forgot or could be you feel intimidated when in your doctors office. The webinar will not take the place of your doctor but it maybe able to help you with questions next time you are in the office.

As the month was beginning I received news my brother has recently been diagnosed with IPF. He has taken the news well but I don’t believe he understands the ramifications of this disease. I think he believes there is a cure for IPF. I will be sending him this webinar with the hope he watches so he understands the disease a little more.

Forum members please watch the webinar and comment if you think there is information about PF that was omitted, and something could have been added.

mark-koziol replied 4 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • cynthia-comery-ferguson

September 4, 2019 at 6:01 am

Mark, thanks so much for letting us know about this webinar series. I just listened to the June “Ask a Doc.” It’s excellent.

• mark-koziol

September 4, 2019 at 6:13 am

Good morning Cynthia, you are most welcome!