Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Christie
      Participant

Ok folks, it’s that time again… Wednesday Wins! Big victories, little victories, things you are grateful for–I want to hear about them all. Post your wins and/or gratitudes from this week. Like last time, these victories can be disease-related or not. I just really want to hear what’s going well in everyone’s life. Even if it’s as simple as getting a good nap, we all deserve to celebrate what has brought us joy. 🙂

I’ll start: my wins this week were making sourdough bread from scratch for the first time and having a really great first appointment with my new primary care doc. I felt heard, and like she valued my time and concerns. Great success!

How about you? If you don’t want to share your own just yet, why not hype someone up who has shared their wins below? 🙂

Wendy Dirks
      Participant

I finished building the playscale (1:6 scale) pizzeria in my doll room today and it looks fabulous!

Christie
      Participant

@wendy-dirks So cool! I would love to see your models! I follow an artist named Mab Graves who makes incredible scale models and dolls.

Christie
      Participant

Bumping this post up to see if anyone would like to share a win this Wednesday! Don’t want to clutter the forum with repeat posts, so trying this out this week as an experiment.

Share your wins below 🙂

Christie
      Participant

Another Wednesday is here.. Please continue to share your wins in this thread so I don’t clutter up the forum with redundant posts.

My win this week is that I listened to my body when it was telling me I was fatigued and instead of staying up to work, I got a LONG, great night of sleep for the first time in weeks.

Wendy Dirks
      Participant

I got my second dose of the Pfizer covid-19 vaccine on Sunday and I also have been listening to my body. I cancelled my physiotherapy session yesterday and my yoga class today due to fatigue. I feel as if I need a self care “re-boot” and today I plan on doing that by resting, showering, meditating, and maybe doing some yoga on my own. My other big win this week was posting a new episode of my 1:6 scale soap opera blog, which has received loads of positive comments from my readers. https://dirksdolls.wordpress.com/blog/

I have come to realise that I can no longer create temporary dioramas, put them up, take them down, put up another one – it’s exhausting. So I’m slowly working on creating permanent rooms for my characters and rethinking my story lines to fit around what is available. I want to start working on a 1:6 scale grocery store soon.

Christie
      Participant

@wendy-dirks High fives for listening to our bodies! It can be hard to rest when there’s so much we want to do. I checked out your blog after you shared it last time, and OH MY WORD! So much work and detail in all of your sets and storylines! It’s truly amazing and definitely inspired my upcoming column this week 😉 I’m glad you’re finding ways to make it work for you as it gets harder to move things around. I can tell that it’s a labor of love.

Wendy Dirks
        Participant

Thank you, Christie, and for checking out the blog! Yes, it is definitely a labour of love. 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account