Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums PF Communities PF Life: 50+ What Determines When You Throw Away Food

• What Determines When You Throw Away Food

Posted by mark-koziol on April 14, 2020 at 3:00 pm

During this time of self isolation it may be difficult for some of us to get out to the grocery store on a regular basis. We may wonder if the food we have in the pantry or refrigerator is safe to eat. I always seem to second guess myself on some food items. I like to buy meat in bulk and then freeze the items I will not  immediately use. If I feel motivated I will vacuum seal the meat, but most of the time I use freezer bags to accomplish this task.

Trash It or Eat It? The Truth About Expiration Dates is an article offering guidelines when to eat foods or when to dump them in the trash. As a self-proclaimed home chef and transplant recipient I tend to stay on the safe side when determining what is still fresh and what needs to be thrown away. We entertain frequently and the last thing I would ever want is to sicken my friends because I was inept at determining what foods are still fresh.

I am curious to hear about your rules for determining what is still good to eat and what needs to be thrown in the trash. 

mark-koziol replied 4 years ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.