Drug Development at UT That Could Reverse Lung Scarring

• Drug Development at UT That Could Reverse Lung Scarring

Posted by Charlene Marshall on March 11, 2019 at 4:12 pm

Just another quick note of gratitude to all who respectfully use and contribute helpful information for others on this site. I am inspired by you all daily, and thankful for the dedication you show in helping others who are also living with pulmonary fibrosis (PF).

Recently, this site welcomed member number 1000 and has climbed again since then. This makes us very proud, because we rarely run into issues where a moderator (myself) has to intervene and remove a profile, which happens frequently on other sites due to members disagreeing. I am so happy with the respect and care shown on this site – it is one of the reasons that this platform is very special to a number of people who access our site daily. Thank you!

I also appreciate it when members send me new information that they come across pertaining to IPF, in the hope that I can share it broadly. I am doing that with this post, as a member recently sent me an article on Tyler University discovering a drug that could reverse lung scarring. This was published last month, so still very recent, but I was wondering: has anyone seen any follow up publications to this topic?

This is potentially good news for all of us, so I thought I’d share the video here. I am also interested in doing a bit more research on the Austin-based company, Lung Therapeutics. Has anyone heard of this before?

I know there are researchers around the world on the brink of finding something that helps all of us living with IPF, besides lung transplantation. The video above says that the various studies needed to reveal any benefit of this drug could take 2-3 years, in addition to the safety studies (6 months – 1 year). I am so hopeful this is effective, but also hope folks work as quickly as possible for those of us living with this disease.

What are your thoughts on the video link above?

Charlene Marshall replied 5 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Steve Dragoo

March 12, 2019 at 9:46 am

Hi Charlene – thank you for posting this. I reached out to Lung Therapeutics and will update when they respond.  Steve

• Charlene Marshall

Organizer
    March 12, 2019 at 9:57 am

Oh awesome, thanks @steve-dragoo! Really curious to hear what they say, thank you for doing my “homework” for me… you’re awesome! I read this article with great interest, really curious to see what development comes of this. Talk to you soon!
    Charlene.

• Steve Dragoo

March 12, 2019 at 10:05 am

@Charlene-Marshall

Hi – doing your homework? Well I write an essay monthly for my wife and currently she owes me for seven years or approximately 500,000 P – consider that…  hahahahah

I sent the free hotel card for $300 hope you say it.  Talk soon – Steve

• Charlene Marshall

Organizer
    March 12, 2019 at 7:10 pm

LOL! I am so glad I don’t owe you for the homework you’r doing for your wife! 🙂

Yes, I got it and replied back to you via email – hope you got that? Thank you so very much! I think I’ll use the hotel card for nights 1 and 2 when I land in Hawaii as it’ll be late and I’ll want somewhere to crash that isn’t an AirBnB, then I’ll explore those accommodations after that. I’m going to do some hotel searching on the site with the card this coming weekend, looking forward to it and so very appreciative of this gesture. Thank you again!

Charlene.

• Steve Dragoo

March 12, 2019 at 8:18 pm

@Charlene-Marshall

Hi – I don’t think I got the email but I’m glad you can use the card.  It is available for anyone who lives anywhere.  There are also complimentary vacations in various places around the world.

All anybody has to do is post to me directly with either “hotel card”, “complimentary vacay” there is also a restaurant and merchant card with several hundred dollars in valuable discounts for NoAm residents, it costs just $7.95 and you can plug in your zip code first to see what’s available in your area..  – Just tell me what you want.

Enjoy,

Steve

• Charlene Marshall

Organizer
    March 13, 2019 at 7:34 pm

Oh, I’ll try to resend the email Steve as it had a few more bits of information in it as well, I’ll try that now! Such a neat idea, to pay a small subscription for discounts on different things in your area. 🙂

Let me know if you get the email this time, and I hope you’ve had a good day…
    Charlene.