- Year of Birth
- Short Bio
Diagnosed with IPF in early 2018 after my brother in Toronto Canada, contacted me to say he had been diagnosed with disease. Um’d and ar’d as to wether to get checked out but finally decided I should. It took 12 months after my diagnosis to be seen by a lung specialist that was able to get my case approved for Ofev/Espirit under the Australian PBS scheme So have been on OFEV since March 2019. Though I face the inevitable I jumped the gun so to speak with my brother telling me his story and also was not aware that our father also died with the disease! Mine is somewhat under control with the help of OFEV. Though I have had all the side affects the drug dishes out but have that under control now. I’m also on a 12 trial with a similar drug for slowing down the fibrosis.
- Type of Diagnosis
- Treatment / Medical Facility
Cabrini Hospital Malvern Victoria
- Current medication regimen
OFEV 150mgs twice daily
- Lung transplantation status
- Supplemental Oxygen
- Best advice for PF symptom management
Be as positive as possible
- Are you currently taking an anti-fibrotic medication?
- How did you find us?
- How long have you or the person that you are caring for had PF?