• Raising the Profile of Organ Donation

Posted by Charlene Marshall on April 20, 2018 at 2:45 am

As a patient living with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF),  paying attention to trends in organ donation, along with medical advances, scientific breakthroughs and even success stories of lung transplantation are important to me. It is also important to me to raise awareness about the importance of organ donation.

Canadian statistics on organ donation released through the Trillium Gift of Life Network (TLGN) suggest that 90% of Canadians are in support of organ donation, while only 20% are registered donors. As someone who’s life will eventually rely on a lung transplant, I am incredibly passionate about raising the profile and importance of organ donation.

I do this through posting about organ donation on my personal social media pages, and telling my story to anyone who will listen. For other IPF patients out there who will eventually be eligible for lung transplantation, or who have a loved one who will be: how do you raise awareness for organ donation in your city/town/province/state/country? 

Please share your efforts to promote organ donation and ensure that during despite times of terrible tragedy, others can be given the gift of life.

Statistics and photo copyrights belong to: http://www.giftoflife.on.ca/en/

(and their subsequent social media pages).

Thanks in advance for sharing!
    Charlene.

replied 6 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.