Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge TheMighty: 101 Self-Care Suggestions

• TheMighty: 101 Self-Care Suggestions

Posted by Charlene Marshall on July 20, 2018 at 9:14 pm

I do a lot of online reading, particularly on days where I am feeling drained and my body doesn’t want to participate in any type of physical activity. Since my diagnosis of IPF in early 2016, this seems to be happening on a more regular basis as my lung function declines and I experience more and more fatigue due to this illness.

I have no particular preference when it comes to online content and what I choose to read. Most often it is research articles, columns from other patients living with a chronic illness, new crafting/project ideas or even different quotes to help lift my spirits. While doing this online reading, sometimes I come across gems that I want to remember to save and share with others. When this happens, I usually try and take a screenshot of the page I am reading so I remember to share it!

This happened just recently for me when I was reading an article on TheMighty. This is a great website to read interesting columns and articles, especially those that are written by patients living with other chronic illnesses because their content is so relatable.

In 2016, TheMighty originally published an article on self-care ideas, however, they must have just re-released it on their website because I just came across it in one of my newsfeeds. Self-care is so important for everyone to be aware of and to practice, and it is particularly important for those of us living with a chronic illness. As a result, I wanted to share the full article with you called 101 Self-Care Suggestions for When It All Feels Like Too Much. 

To read the full article on TheMighty, please click here.

Do you have any self-care tips or strategies that are particularly helpful for you and are not listed here? 
    If so, please share them with us!

replied 5 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.