Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums PF Communities PF Life: Young Adults How To Be Confident Wearing Oxygen

• How To Be Confident Wearing Oxygen

Posted by Charlene Marshall on July 14, 2018 at 8:16 pm

Chloe Temtchine is a young adult woman with a bright future, so long as her Pulmonary Veno-Occlusive Disease doesn’t get in her way. She is a passionate and talented singer/songwriter, dedicated to her career despite her disease. The New York Post says while she is tethered to her oxygen tank, “her singing career is soaring”. While I just came across this young woman recently, I find myself continually inspired by her outlook on life. As a result, I wanted to share information about her with members of this forum!

One of the reasons Chloe inspires me is because she chooses to use her passions to capture the experience of living with a life-threatening illness. She did this through her song “Be Brave” which she wrote after being released from the critical care unit, according to her webpage. It is not easy to turn something so devastating (ie. a life-threatening illness) into something so public. After being diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) in early 2016, I was very selective in who I even shared my diagnosis with among my friends and family, let alone choose to publicly talk about it. I admire Chloe for this; turning something so difficult into music and sharing it with the world.

Recently Chloe also released a video on How To Be Confident Wearing Oxygen. This was in response to a Mom writing to her regarding her 10 year old daughter having to lug around an oxygen tank and wear her cannula. I enjoyed watching this video, and thought I’d share it too. If you’re interested, feel free to watch the full 5-minute video here.

Do you have any tips to add about wearing oxygen confidently?

Did it take you awhile to adjust and to be comfortable wearing your oxygen in public? 

replied 5 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.