Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Using Our Forums Dealing with Spam in Our Forums

Tagged: , , ,

• Dealing with Spam in Our Forums

Posted by Charlene Marshall on May 6, 2018 at 6:05 pm

****************************************************************************************************

I just wanted to take a brief moment and thank some of our forum members who alerted me to the spammers who were on our Pulmonary Fibrosis News forums over the weekend. I really appreciated the promptness in identifying and flagging two-likely spammers who were messaging members directly.

Protecting both member privacy, and the content on these sites from patients, caregivers, family, friends, research etc is of utmost importance to those of us “behind the scenes”. In order to do this, we take spammers seriously and try and work quickly and efficiently in removing these profiles so members are not contacted directly, or content is not spammed all across our forums. That being said, sometimes they join the forums and connect with people before we can notice and we have to retroactively remove people.

If you do notice spammers private messaging you, or any content that looks suspicious, please do let me (Charlene Marshall) know via a direct message, and we can investigate further with our tech team. This helps keep our community safe, which is our priority!

Thanks again to those of you who let me know about the spammers on our forums this weekend. Their profiles have since been deleted, so please disregard their messages.

I hope you’re all doing well!

Warm regards,
    Charlene.

Charlene Marshall replied 5 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.