Rhodiola Benefitting Patients with Lung Diseases?

• Rhodiola Benefitting Patients with Lung Diseases?

Posted by Charlene Marshall on July 30, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Before reading a recent study shared with me by another member of our forums, I’d never heard of Rhodiola. According to a quick Google search of credible websites, Rhodiola is a herb that grows in the geographical regions of Europe and Asia. It seems to have many properties benefitting our health, and is also widely used around the world as a dietary supplement due to its health benefits.

Since this forum is open to discussing any/all options for the management of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), I wanted to share a 2016 study linking the use of Rhodiola to improved lung capacity. You can read the entire study HEREBioNews or myself as a forum moderator are not endorsing the use of this herb for the treatment of IPF, this article is being shared merely for interest sake. Those who want to read into it more, please feel free to do so and those who wish to discard this information for any reason are welcome to do so as well. We are committed to regularly sharing information on this site, and a member found this article interesting so I wanted to share in case others do as well. 

While this specific study is linked to Rhodiola benefitting those with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), I can’t help but wonder if the lung capacity could improve in those with other fibrotic or debilitating lung diseases. Just something I found myself curious about after reading through this article.

Have you ever heard of or tried Rhodiola? 

Did you know that (according to the article) increased soy, fibre and acupuncture can also help improve lung health in COPD patients? I wonder if these options may also help those of with us IPF – have you tried any? 

Charlene Marshall replied 4 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.