The Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation (PFF) recently launched an awareness campaign highlighting that September is Global Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Month. In order to lead the celebration, the PFF has planned several activities throughout the month that aim to not only support disease education for patients, family members and professionals, but also raise funds to support scientific research in the field of pulmonary fibrosis.
Pulmonary Fibrosis (PF) is a progressive pathology in which the lungs develop a thicker layer of scarred and stiff tissue. This change in the morphology affects patients’ ability to breathe and it is generally fatal, with patients succumbing to the disease two to three years after diagnosis. PF’s causes are not yet well understood by researchers, which is why PF is also called “idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis,” as “idiopathic” refers to “of unknown origin.” In America, around 140,000 people have been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis.
This year’s PFF Global Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Month activities include:
- #BlueUp4PF – Join the PFF on September 9 or anytime during the month of September by wearing blue and making a contribution to the PFF. Post your support on social media using #BlueUp4PF. This fundraising challenge honors the memory of PFF Ambassador and founder of #BlueUp4PF Diane Reichert who passed away earlier this year. See highlights from #BlueUp4PF from last year on Facebook.
- Where in the World is PF Awareness? – Share a photo wearing a PFF Breathe Bracelet at an iconic landmark or notable area to help reach the goal of showcasing all 50 states and other countries.
- Show Up on Social Media – Share your PF story on social media to increase awareness and highlight the PFF’s mission. Use the hashtags #PFWarrior, #pulmonaryfibrosis, #GPFAM2015, #GlobalPFAwareness, #MakeEveryBreathCount.
- Hear a PFF Ambassador Share Their Story – Now in the second year of the program, new and returning PFF Ambassadors share their experiences with PF to drive disease awareness and to highlight the PFF’s support programs. Learn more about the PFF Ambassadors on the PFF website and invite one to attend a local event.
- Join Team PFF – Team PFF members host a wide range of events throughout the year, including walks and wine tastings to art shows and raffles. Become part of Team PFF by hosting a local event or attend an event near you
The Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation is a pulmonary fibrous-focused community committed to providing quality disease education to pulmonary fibrosis patients. It is PFF’s mission to serve the PF community as a trustworthy resource by raising awareness of the disease, providing community education, advanced care, and funding research. More information about PFF’s sponsored initiatives for Global Pulmonary Awareness Month are available at www.pulmonaryfibrosis.org, and both patients and advocates for the disease can follow the PFF through its website and social media throughout the month for continuous updates.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?