Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Treatments and Science Ofev (Nintedanib) Has OFEV been effective in slowing your progression?

• Denis Ryan

May 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm

Hi Don, I was diagnosed with IPF (via X-Ray and CT scan) in early 2019. I take 100 mg X2 daily of OFEV and can tolerate it fairly well. I’m not on oxygen. My Consultant says I am stable currently re. FVC and DLCO. Last night thinking about this disease, I felt I should find out what are classed as reasonable ranges for measuring both the FVC and DLCO as my Consultant is not too forthcoming with information. Many thanks for any suggestions re. the ranges.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      May 30, 2021 at 5:03 pm

Hi Denis thanks for your response. Regarding the reasonable ranges for FVC and DLCO, the general practice is that if your decline is less than 10% then it is within acceptable limits, this might be different from country to country. BUT from my experience one should not only look at the decline in the % of predicted value (which doctors focus on) rather the focus should be on the actual number of the DLCO/FVC compared to the previous test/tests. that way you can see the real change cause the predicted range can fluctuate based on slight changes in weight wrong Hight measurements etc.  For the real number anything below 5% decrease is reasonable and “stable”

Page 2 of 2