Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Portable Oxygen Concentrators – anybody know about ‘Meubon’?

• Portable Oxygen Concentrators – anybody know about ‘Meubon’?

Posted by Dennis Schiavon on August 5, 2023 at 11:58 am

Hello everyone – I’m a PF patient from the UK, and need to ask something from people in the USA and maybe elsewhere …. about portable oxygen concentrator machines.
    I’ve been prescribed ambulatory oxygen for about 6 months now, and got an ‘Inogen One G5’ machine. It was great at first, but now since my breathlessness is getting worse, it just can’t deliver enough oxygen -as it only pulse-doses on the in-breath. But when I’m particularly breathless, it can’t cope with the fast timing needed. So I need to use cylinders instead, as they supply a continuous flow of oxygen.
    So I did a Google search for a portable oxygen concentrator machine that delivers continuous flow up to 6 litres per minute (which is what I need) and the only one I could find was this ‘Meubon’ – apparently an American machine. Here’s a link…

https://meubon.com/en-gb/products/portable-1l-6l-continuous-flow-mini-use-with-2-hours-battery?utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&variant=41292946407629

…so my questions… does anyone in the USA (or elsewhere) use one of these? Do you find it any good at 6L continuous flow? How are the company to deal with? How does it compare with an Inogen?

Any info gratefully received – thank you and good wishes to all! 🙂

Dennis Schiavon replied 9 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Mindy

August 7, 2023 at 9:37 am

Hi Dennis.  I am also interested in a continuous flow portable concentrator. I have my late mother’s Inogen One, but as you said, it is only pulse dose and can’t keep up with my needs unless just sitting still.  I decided to look up this company’s reviews.  They are not good.  See here https://www.complaintsboard.com/meubon-oxygen-store-b152741 for one site that has customer reviews. In the US, we have the Better Business Bureau which grades companies.  Here is the link to that site.

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/houston/profile/oxygen-producing-equipment/meubon-oxygen-store-0915-90066503

I would keep looking is I were you.

Mindy

• Richard L Shelby

August 8, 2023 at 3:03 pm

In addition to the complaints about the company, notice this statement on the Meubon web site:

“The oxygen concentration is 93%±3% at 1L, 60%±5% at 2L, 45%±5% at 3L, 35%±5% at 4L, 30%±5% at 5L and 28%±5% at 6L.”

At the 6 lpm setting the unit delivers from 23% to 32% oxygen. Normal room air is 21% which means that the Meubon unit does almost no concentrating at the 6 lpm setting. This is extremely poor performance. (A home concentrator such as the Philips Respironics EverFlo delivers 93% (+/- 3%) at 5 lpm.

Richard

• Susan W Lyon

August 8, 2023 at 6:50 pm

Hi all,

I’m in the same situation, needing more than the Inogen G-5 can offer and finding only e-cylinders as a cumbersome and unsatisfactory alternative. I’m needing 10 lpm for any kind of activity, and an e-cylinder doesn’t last long at that rate.

Mostly, I just stay home. Grr. Let’s all keep looking and hope someone finds something better.

BTW, my AVG virus app labels the Meubon site as a malicious website.

• Dennis Schiavon

August 9, 2023 at 5:01 am

Hello there Mindy, Richard and Susan.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and views … I shall certainly follow-up and treat this with caution – and very likely avoid wasting loads of cash!  The search goes on….

Dennis