• Posted by Deleted User on December 10, 2020 at 5:34 pm

Good evening, I’ve been following along trying to gather insights from the forum. I don’t know anything about the IPF my father was diagnosed with back in August. He’s on Hospice and lives with me along with my mother who is on Hospice as well because of cancer. I’m the caregiver for both. My dad’s oxygen level on his concentrator has been on 3 and then two days ago he turned it up to 4.5 saying it was a lot harder to breathe. Does that seem like a huge jump at once or am I overreacting? Hospice said it was fine. Then I saw a discussion about fever. My father had a low grade fever tofay and the Hospice nurse told me to just keep an eye on him. He hasn’t been hot or feverish all day but is something I should always watch for? I’m sorry. I could ask a thousand questions because I just don’t know anything about this disease. We were pretty much told to take Dad home and keep him comfortable.
    Thank you for any help, insight, suggestions you may have for me,

Elaine

mark-koziol replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • mark-koziol

December 10, 2020 at 9:12 pm

Hi Elaine, that really isn’t that much of a jump in oxygen. Most persons who are on supplemental oxygen do increase their o2 on exertion. Your dad may have for some reason had some difficulty getting an appropriate amount of oxygen. The hospice care main purpose is to keep your father comfortable. Watch for a fever like they ask and maybe provide an over the counter medication if the hospice team requests you to. Also a cold wash cloth will feel good on his forehead or back of neck. I commend you for taking on this task, you are a wonderful daughter and caregiver. Please take time for yourself when needed. Take care, mark.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    December 12, 2020 at 6:43 am

Thank you for the information Mark! I really appreciate your help.

Elaine

• mark-koziol

December 12, 2020 at 1:49 pm

You are most welcome Elaine!