Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Understanding the Relationship Between PF + Autoimmune Disease

• Understanding the Relationship Between PF + Autoimmune Disease

Posted by Charlene Marshall on October 8, 2020 at 9:25 pm

A topic of conversation that regularly arises on both our PF forums and amid many other conversations I’ve had with patients, is about PF and autoimmune diseases. Particularly, trying to better understand the relationship between them and if PF is caused by an underlying autoimmune condition and vice versa.

I am certainly not a subject matter expert in this area, but have recently had a few conversations about this topic. Did you know that an autoimmune disease/condition can take 6 years to appear after your lung damage has been discovered? I was shocked to hear this, so I’m spending the next few weeks trying to better understand the relationship between PF and autoimmune conditions. I started with a quick review of the articles on Pulmonary Fibrosis News. Here’s where I’m starting my reading:

Autoimmune Processes May Drive IPF Progression, Vimentin Study Claims.

Pulmonary Fibrosis Case Suggests PF Patients Be Screened for Autoimmune Diseases

Do you have any other helpful literature that explains the relationship between PF and autoimmune diseases, as I work to better try and understand this? Please share with the forums if so!

Charlene Marshall replied 3 years, 5 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.