- Year of Birth
- Short Bio
Been diagnosed with IPF about 5-6 years ago. Took Espriet for 3 miserable months so I stopped, then doctor recommended lower dosage but same results. I have stents so I am not able to take Ofev. Fortunately my symptoms are not too bad, I do get tired fairly quickly but I know my limitations. I have CT scans going back 11 years that show some form of IPF.
I’m pretty sure I got this from exposure to plutonium back when I was in the Air Force stationed at a Bomarc missile site in NJ that had an accident where 1 silo caught fire and caused a plutonium leakage. I didn’t know about this until about 6 years ago, I’m now trying to claim a disability with the VA but so far no luck.
- Type of Diagnosis
- Treatment / Medical Facility
Was on Espriet, not able to tolerate.
- Current medication regimen
None (for IPF)
- Lung transplantation status
- Supplemental Oxygen
- Best advice for PF symptom management
Unfortunately I do not have any advise. Just know your limitations.
- Are you currently taking an anti-fibrotic medication?
- How did you find us?
- How long have you or the person that you are caring for had PF?
minimum of 11 years