- Short Bio
Diagnosed with IPF 9/25/22018. Since then, hospitalized 3 times for flareups. (December, March & May). I’m taking Esbriet, 3 pills, 3 times each day; am on oxygen at 6 liters active & 2 resting (with an oxymizer*). I’m to undergo a sleep study soon to see if sleep apnea is an issue. Prior to my IPF dx, I’ve lived with chronic pain issues since 1991; as well as COPD/emphysema. As my pulmonologist has discussed lung transplant with me, I am in my 3rd week of pulmonary rehab, which is making me stronger. I quit smoking 3/5/2019 & feel so much better since!
* The Oxymizer pendant® is a special oxygen cannula that can be used to supply high flow long term oxygen therapy. It is compatible with a wide variety of oxygen sources. In a reservoir, the Oxymizer® stores pure oxygen so that the concentration of inhaled oxygen is increased.
- Type of Diagnosis
- Treatment / Medical Facility
Esbriet & 02
- Current medication regimen
Esbriet & numerous others (pre IPF)
- Lung transplantation status
- Supplemental Oxygen
- Best advice for PF symptom management
Calm down & follow doc’s advice.. and learn pursed lip breathing!!! 🙂
- How did you find us?
- How long have you or the person that you are caring for had PF?