- Year of Birth
- Short Bio
Retired executive and management consultant. Cardiac patient for two decades but physically active. Liked to deep-sea swim and snorkel but found I lost my breath to the extent that I had to be pulled out of the water. Diagnosis took several years because physicians focused on my cardiac history. Finally diagnosed as Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis in September, 2017.
- Type of Diagnosis
- Treatment / Medical Facility
Northwest Community Healthcare and Suburban Lung Associates (Amita Healthcare)
- Current medication regimen
No medications; my body could not tolerate Ofev or Esbriet.
- Lung transplantation status
- Supplemental Oxygen
- Best advice for PF symptom management
Active participant in pulmonary rehab program at hospital for two years.
- Are you currently taking an anti-fibrotic medication?
- How did you find us?
- How long have you or the person that you are caring for had PF?
30 months from diagnosis; five years since x-rays first identified scarring due to my complaints.