- Year of Birth
- Short Bio
I am presently a caretaker for my wife who has Pulmonary Fibrosis and Chronic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. I am a retired Telecommunication Engineer from AT&T/Lucent Technologies. After retirement, I went to school for Medical billing and coding. I am presently a freelance writer.
- Type of Diagnosis
- Treatment / Medical Facility
Monitored by a Pulmonary Specialist and Researcher at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NY.
- Current medication regimen
My wife is taking mycophenolate which was initially created to prevent lung transplant patients from rejecting the implant. She has been taken off steroids that were prescribed by a NJ Pulmonologist.
- Lung transplantation status
- Supplemental Oxygen
- Best advice for PF symptom management
Presently we have ordered genetic tests to see if a mutated gene is causing the problem. My research showed that a mutated CFTR gene might be the problem causing the Pulmonary Fibrosis and a mutated BMPR2 gene might be causing the Pulmonary Hypertension. We were informed that the tests would take about 8 weeks.
- Are you currently taking an anti-fibrotic medication?
- How did you find us?
- How long have you or the person that you are caring for had PF?