- Year of Birth
- Short Bio
I am 65 years of age and retired from teaching a year ago. I was diagnosed with afib in 2014 and a lung x-ray showed possible interstitial pneumonia/IPF. I have been followed by cardiology and pulmonology ever since. In July, was able to return to NSR with Tikosyn and cardioversion. I just started pulmonary rehab last week. According to my pulmonologist, my IPF is not typical – I believe I have had symptoms going back to 2008 but there have been declining changes of late and so I am determined to explore all options for treatment.
- Type of Diagnosis
- Treatment / Medical Facility
Nashoba Valley Medical Center, Ayer,, Massachusetts
- Current medication regimen
Only fluticasone propionate nasal spray for IPF. O2 at night, 2 liters.
- Lung transplantation status
- Supplemental Oxygen
- Best advice for PF symptom management
Still trying to figure this out!
- Are you currently taking an anti-fibrotic medication?
- How did you find us?
- How long have you or the person that you are caring for had PF?
Officially 4 years but I believe symptoms started as far back as 2008.