- Year of Birth
West Hartford, Connecticut
- Short Bio
Diagnosed with IPF in 2013 after lots of coughing. Doing OK (used supplemental oxygen at night) until Jan. 2019 acute exasperation. Now on O2 continually @ 6LPM. Had a bout of subcutaneous emphysema (crespitus) [looked like I had the mumps again] which could have been quite serious if not dealt with quickly.
- Type of Diagnosis
- Treatment / Medical Facility
University of Connecticut Health Center
- Current medication regimen
Prednisone, Pirfenidone (thru Canadian pharmacy)
- Lung transplantation status
- Supplemental Oxygen
- Best advice for PF symptom management
It’s at its worst when the sinus has mucus build up adding to the post-nasal drip. I use NeilMD Sinus Rinse and a mucus cutting mouth wash. Pursed lip breathing technique helps stop the gasping and return to normal breathing; sometimes it takes a long time and lot of effort.
- Are you currently taking an anti-fibrotic medication?
- How did you find us?
- How long have you or the person that you are caring for had PF?