- Year of Birth
Pickering, Ontario, Canada
- Short Bio
Diagnosed almost 5 years ago. Approved for Ofev by government 9 months later. Started at 150 but reduced to 100 after about another 9 months. Was stable up until last November. Bad fall at end of August resulted in 5 broken ribs and my Pulmonary Function Tests in November were way below historical levels. In Ontario, if you decline by more than 10% in a a year they say the drug isn’t working for you and stop the funding so that is my next battle. Decline had nothing to do with Ofev efficacy and everything to do with difficulty breathing with 5 broken ribs! Have a reprieve until next testing (May) but still not fully recovered from effects of fall. Fingers crossed!!
- Type of Diagnosis
- Treatment / Medical Facility
Sinai Health, Toronto
- Current medication regimen
Only Ofev (plus immodium for controlling side effects) for IPF.
- Lung transplantation status
- Supplemental Oxygen
- Best advice for PF symptom management
Exercise and Pulmonary rehab
- Are you currently taking an anti-fibrotic medication?
- How did you find us?
- How long have you or the person that you are caring for had PF?
- Activate Your Account
Missing? Please check your spam box.