7 Famous People Who Lost Their Battle With Pulmonary Fibrosis

Pulmonary fibrosis (PF) is a chronic lung disease where the tissue in the lungs becomes scarred and stiffens over time. Like all diseases, PF does not discriminate and there have been many celebrities who have suffered from the condition. Sadly, some have lost their lives to the disease.

According to Wikipedia, here are seven famous people who lost their fight with pulmonary fibrosis.

Sheila Matthews Allen
Sheila Matthews Allen was a Hollywood actress famous for roles in the films Poseidon Adventure and Towering Inferno and TV shows like Lost in Space and The Waltons. Allen passed away in November 2013 after a prolonged battle with pulmonary fibrosis. She was 84 years old.

MORE: Eight tips for protecting your lungs from unhealthy air.

1. Bob Bradley says:

Here’s another celeb-victim, Robert Goulet. On September 30, 2007 he was hospitalized & diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Goulet died on October 30, 2007 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, while awaiting a transplant.

2. Please remove me from this I can’t take anymore my father mother brother , brother , sister , friend suffered so bad with this, and now look at all of the famous people that died with this don’t you feel lucky. I ha e ipf and I know I’m going to die from this but until then there are medications , diet ,exercise that help some people but that would be positive . No more doom and gloom for me ,please remove me I have tried twice before.

• Tim Bossie says:

We are sorry for the problems you are having with unsubscribing from the newsletter. Please use the Unsubscribe link in the newsletter.

• I have pulmonary fibrosis myself and so does a lot of people yet to be diagnosed.
      Rather than hide from it, become proactive. Diet and exercise will not help with the exception of pulmonary breathing exercise.
      Pneumonia , smoking, and chemicals are the culprits.

• Estia Solana says:

My husband received a double lung transplant in December. He is doing well. Check with Barnes Jewish Hospital in St.Louis, MO Lung Transplant. He is 74 years old. Please check into this. They can save your life! God be with you!

3. Alene Tudor says:

People who are important to us have this terrible disease. Dear Jesus, touch them and please help the medical people find a cure. Amen.

4. I don’t think this posted. I have PF from many bouts of pneumonia, smoking, and chemical odors from house hold cleaners.
    We should be proactive rather than hide from it. Like COPD, it is terminal and we all have to face it. I am a retired nurse and seen the end results of this. We just pray we go out easy with medication and I don’t mean assisted suicide. Prayers works wonders.

5. Dot Davis says:

I, too, was about to be offended by the trucking out of famous IPF victims, but my husband pointed out that it’s a great way to draw the attention so desperately needed to get the word out about this disease. My beloved brother-in-law lost his battle with IPF two years ago. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve told about him who had NEVER even heard of it. God bless all of you on this group!!

6. Anna Shiels says:

I never heard of IPF until my brother got it , sadly he passed away, two months later my sister passed with the same disease , and 18 months later I lost a younger sister to the same disease, like me numerous people have never heard of this dreadful disease. The more people made aware the better, Gob bless you all.

• Della says:

I was just diagnosed with this disease a few months ago my oxygen stayed in the upper 80s for over a year I went to the er numerous times over coughing smothering
      Ect. And then after visiting my doctor she sent me for numerous test and then I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis one week later I was smothering had to go to er my oxygen was 86 they sent me home on an oxygen and now I have this huge oxygen machine here at home and an oxygen machine everywhere I go. This has caused me depression how do I cope with this. I go to a lung specialist in Aug. how do I cope with this