• Happy Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Month

Posted by Charlene Marshall on September 1, 2018 at 3:49 pm

To all the PF/IPF fighters, warriors, caregivers, friends and family members: happy Pulmonary Fibrosis awareness month. Being a part of these forums has been incredibly therapeutic for me as I continue to fight back against this life-threatening lung disease, and I am very thankful for getting to “know” so many of you on this platform. Your strength, determination, vulnerability and willingness to share your experience(s) has been such a gift to me and I am very thankful for all of you.

Since September has arrived, do you have any plans to raise awareness for PF month? While my intention is to do everything I can to raise the profile of this cruel disease, I have to balance it with the reality of how tired my body is after just daily tasks, such as working, caring for my dog, errands, etc. As a result, I’m  feeling a bit uncertain about how to raise awareness for PF month right now, although I know how important it is. For now, I think I’ll start raising awareness on social media.

If you are looking for additional ideas on how to raise awareness for PF, please check out the Canadian Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation or the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation‘s website. There is also a column written on Lung Disease News about working together to raise the profile of this horrible disease.

Do you have any ideas or intentions on raising awareness for PF this month? If so, please share them with us.

Happy September!

replied 6 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.