• luis-pernia

September 6, 2022 at 2:13 pm

Hello, I spent some time buying the medicine in India, but I don’t know if the quality is good.
    He sent it home with no problem.

• jeff-walaski

September 6, 2022 at 3:30 pm

I purchased Ofev from India.  The manufacturer was Glenmark.   They have received tentative approval for the generic version of Ofev by the FDA, when it is allowed.  Which I think is not until 2029.    It takes 3 to four week to receive it.

• vince-stravino

November 16, 2022 at 8:34 am

FYI- I am not on anti-fibrotic meds(yet) and I have PF one year. I have been buying meds from canadapharmacyonline.com for about 20 years. Only one shipment of my meds confiscated at the border by the FDA thugs but the pharmacy sent another shipment no charge.

They offer the generic Esbriet 90 tablets 200 mg. for $158 or 4 tabs would cost $632. Four 100 mg. tabs would be 800 mg. and equivalent to  the highest dose of 801 mg. Bottom line: One months Esbriet generic 800 mg.for $632. Shipping usually $10.  This pharmacy has generic Esbriet made in Canada for $1360 for one month too. Check with your Doc but 40-50% of all meds here are made overseas. I have never bought meds online from other foreign pharmacies but I trust my Canadian source. I still travel and found that many U.S. meds cost much less overseas and I’ll price Esbriet and Ofev this winter in Europe if my pulse ox permits travel. Good Luck !

• steve-dragoo

July 21, 2023 at 12:09 am

@vincestravino

Hi Vince,

Did you need a prescription to get it past customs?

Stay well…
      Steve

• vince-stravino

November 16, 2022 at 2:50 pm

OOPS !! My typo-lowest dose made in India but sold by above pharmacy is 200 MG. not my 100 mg. listed in the second sentence above so the math is correct.

• vandana

July 19, 2023 at 5:44 pm

Hi Graham,
    I did this when I was first started on Esbriet while awaiting insurance approval. 267 mg tabs at 3 tabs per day for a 3 month supply costs only about $80!!. These are genuine and I titrated up with these and switched over to Esbriet once I got it through insurance. Last time on my trip to India I ran short and had to use Pirfenidone from there.

• vandana

July 19, 2023 at 5:45 pm

Oops many months late.

• vince-stravino

July 21, 2023 at 1:03 pm

FYI- a prescription is required for anf reputable Canadian pharmacy. A prescription will not save your meds at the U S customs. They confiscate all meds when they do a random spot check.. You can appeal with facts but it does not help. I tried  it. My Canadian pharmacy sent another batch to me at no extra cost when I showed them the FDA seizure form.

• vince-stravino

July 23, 2023 at 1:12 pm

I am getting ready to begin antifibrotic meds. I have researched PERFENIDONE which is cheaper  thru normal channels?. I deal with canadapharmacyonline.com. They list generic perfenidone made in India and available with a valid US prescription, but shipped from India.Call them for info. I have used meds from this company for 20+ years both generic(unavailable in USA but sold in Canada) and Brand names. I trust them. I expect to go on antifibrotic in next month and then I will first contact the drug makers for their

med if I qualify financially. That is first step. My friend qualified a few years ago with annual income of  $75,000 with significant other medical expenses. I will also test the support services of my local pulmonologist,  to hopefully guide me to the cheapest med  plan. Good Luck !