Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Who Has Inspired You?

• Who Has Inspired You?

Posted by Charlene Marshall on January 25, 2023 at 2:15 pm

Like Christie has shared, January is a difficult month for me every year. Here in Canada, January is a very long, cold, and dreary month and this year there is no shortage of grey days; the sun hasn’t been out for a full day since before Christmas! While I’m not officially diagnosed with seasonal affective disorder (SAD), I really struggle with my mental health when there is a prolonged lack of sunshine.

Recognizing that others likely feel the same way I do, I wanted to focus this post on positivity. I like asking people this question in my daily life, so you can answer in the context of PF or just in general but I’d love it if you shared a moment when you’ve felt uplifted, inspired, or encouraged. Here’s mine: in early April of 2022 I was given the opportunity to change jobs and move into management; something I didn’t feel ready for. My boss at the new gig believed in me so much that I felt both encouraged and inspired to perform in my new role to the best of my abilities, which is deeply paying off for my career advancement. I wrote about this experience on PF News and you can find that column HERE

Thinking about a moment you’ve felt uplifted, inspired, or encouraged, I’m curious: who or what was responsible for this moment?

Thanks in advance for sharing!

Steve Dragoo replied 1 year, 2 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Steve Dragoo

January 27, 2023 at 12:14 am

@charlene-marshall

Hello Friend,

I think of you every day and know winter is a struggle – for me, it is usually February as I get cabin fever and want to be outside even sleeping in the snow as I did when younger.  On the other hand, every time I show my wife a picture of some beautiful snow-covered bucolic landscape her comment is, ”I will die!”

Gloria Gaither wrote a song back in the late 70s” Because He lives, I can live tomorrow” – I carry that thought with me every day and for you too…

Stay well…
    Steve