- Year of Birth
Bel Air, MD
- Short Bio
Started on Medicare 2016 and did the recommended ct scan which showed nodules that needed watching. 8 months later was diagnosed with lung cancer and had a left upper lobectomy.
Could not get my breath after the operation and went through 7 months of heart testing, stent insertion and multiple opinions. (I had open heart surgery in 2009).
Finally diagnosed by pulmonologist in March 2018 with IPF. What an ugly disease. Went on OFEV and oxygen in April 2018. Lung cancer returned in December 2018 in right lung but not enough capacity to operate so had photon radiation in April. Will know by end of May, should be ok.
PFT’s showing downward but not drastic slide, biggest issue is fatigue, but still living a functional life.
- Type of Diagnosis
- Treatment / Medical Facility
University of Maryland
- Current medication regimen
- Lung transplantation status
- Supplemental Oxygen
- Best advice for PF symptom management
Use the oxygen.
- Are you currently taking an anti-fibrotic medication?
- How did you find us?
- How long have you or the person that you are caring for had PF?
Diagnosis 13 months, breathing issues 2 years