6 Pulmonary Fibrosis Complications

According to the Mayo Clinic, though no current cure for pulmonary fibrosis exists yet, medications and other treatment options can help improve a patient’s quality of life.

As the disease evolves, several complications may arise. Here is a list of six possible pulmonary fibrosis complications:

shutterstock_396426208

1. High blood pressure in the lungs: Unlike normal high blood pressure, this condition is different because it only affects your lung’s arteries. It begins when the smallest arteries and capillaries are compressed by scar tissue, causing increased resistance to blood flow in your lungs. This creates pressure within the pulmonary arteries and the right ventricle, and can result in the development of pulmonary hypertension.

Here are 4 things you can do to help prevent pulmonary fibrosis.

• Tim Bossie says:

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. PF is a terrible disease that affects more than just the person who suffers with it.

• Rachel says:

Lost my daddy to it on 7/1/14 8 months post diagnosis. It’s an awful thing to watch. I’m sure more awful to experience. ♡

1. Elaine says:

Lost my Mom last June to this disease…….her Liver could not tolerate the Ofev……That was the last option ……..

2. James Hall says:

I am apparently one of the rare breed. My oldest brother passed from IPF 7 years ago. Just this week I was diagnosed with IPF. My pulmonary doctor has talked to me about medical treatment and lung transplant. Unfortunately, I have other medical issues that may make the treatment as dangerous as the disease. So the doctor has told me hold off on making any decisions until I talk with my cardiologist, vascular surgeon, and family because of the great risk I already have for stroke and the medications possibly increasing the risk.

• Theresa says:

Hi James.
      I am so sirry to hear of your story. It must be very frightening.
      Did dictors tell you anything about it being in families?
      My father died in 1996 of PD.
      Over a year ago, my brother was diagnosed with PF. He was given 2 years.
      We have all had tests.
      My brother was first diagnosed with RA.
      I have an autoimmune disease.
      My sister has been cancer free for two years.
      Thank you.

3. Deepa says:

I lost my father to it on 24 th dec 2014 i have seen him toed toboxygen cylinders strugling to breathe hopefully now he is at peace this is dreaded disease

4. Iliad says:

Positive is the relief! Yes and prayers!
    So sorry for all your losses may they all be at peace.
    However bad it can get why me, I am going to be Ok! I don’t want to read negatives! I want to remain positive for only God knows!

5. Joe Bailey says:

My Dad died of sclaraderma in 1985…They told me that it wasn’t hereditary…My breathing is hard especially AFTER I eat…I can do most things but my breathing is shallow due to A-fib. When I eat, even small amounts, my breathing is compromised severely…It’s a shame that instead of coming out with drugs that have so many side effects, they don’t concentrate on cures for the ones we have…I’m 75 and have my BP under control; and have worked with a lot of chemicals during my work years…these companies don’t care if they kill people…just $$$$$$$