Having to live with a disease like pulmonary fibrosis may be difficult most of the time. But there are some things you can do that may help you manage your condition and make your days a little bit easier. Here are nine tips to help you manage your pulmonary fibrosis (source: American Lung Association website):
1. Don’t forget to always take your medicine exactly as your doctor prescribed.
2. When you have days where you may not feel at your best and may experience new symptoms, don’t hesitate to call your physician right away to get some help.
3. Make sure you have a flu shot every single year. It’s really important to work on your defenses. You should also talk to your doctor about whether or not the pneumonia vaccine would be helpful for you.
4. Try to have a more active life. Try to do some exercises that can help you breathe easier and get stronger.
5. If you are a smoker, just quit! Smoking is one of the worst things your can do if you’re living with PF.
6. Avoid secondhand smoke. If you have family and friends that smoke, ask them not to do it around you.
7. Eat well-balanced meals and maintain a healthy body weight.
8. Try eating smaller, healthier meals more frequently.
9. Listen to your body and its need. Take care of yourself. If you fell that PF is making you feel depressed or anxious, make sure to talk about it with your healthcare team.
Pulmonary Fibrosis News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.