Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Dealing with Anxiety & Pain

• Mark Koziol

May 11, 2019 at 11:43 am

Hello John ( @johnl ), this is question that can have many answers. If you can be specific that would be great. I can give you some input on my experience. When I was first diagnosed; I wasn’t in bad shape. It wasn’t until I had an excerbation and was referred for transplant that I really felt I was in trouble. I had a great support system; wife, friends, co-workers, and family were wonderful. Almost too wonderful. I  have a friend who who would hover over me almost all  the time. I wanted to lay him out, but what you gonna do. I took the help because I could barely walk more than 20 feet without having some problems. Everyone made my life easier; they came over to do yardwork, had meal trains, they would do anything to make my life easier. It was very much appreciated. I tried to stay busy. Only time I would think about negative stuff was at night in bed. Usually death was the main focus. Here is my column where I wrote about the negative thoughts.  My people are still here doing things for us but at least now I am physically able to reciprocate. John, I hope this helps. Keep in contact. Mark.