Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Lung Transplantation A Recent Experience Reminded Me About the Importance of Gratefulness.

Tagged: ,

• A Recent Experience Reminded Me About the Importance of Gratefulness.

Posted by Mark Koziol on August 6, 2019 at 3:00 pm

Last night I attended my bi-monthly lung transplant support meeting. I enjoy these meetings because it feels like I can provide help to those who have either gone through the transplant or are in the process of being evaluated for transplantation. Like any support group based on health concerns, we have lost members to various health issues. The attendees who are present vary each meeting. During the summer months, we usually have low numbers attending. Caregivers are also encouraged to attend.

Each meeting a speaker in the transplant field facilitates the meeting for a good portion of the time. Last night we had a gentleman who works for University Hospital in Cleveland. He is a counselor in the heart transplant center dealing with left ventricle assist device (LVAD) patients and their caregivers. He didn’t speak at all about heart transplants but rather he spoke about gratefulness. I enjoyed his talk because he had a smooth delivery and I liked the content.

I often think about how grateful I am to wake up every morning. Even before my transplant, I felt the same way because waking up was in doubt some days. There are many things I am grateful for, which are too many to list here. Our facilitator showed us a YouTube video by David Steindl-Rast. The video was titled “A Grateful Day with Brother David Steindl-Rast”. The video was calming and made you think about being grateful. There are many little things surrounding us that are worthy of being grateful for. I would hope this video could uplift someone who is not having a good day. The video made me think about many people and things I am grateful for. I hope this video does the same for our members.

If you are interested, please watch and share your thoughts on the video with our forum. I’d love to hear what you think of this video, gratefulness is an important part of this journey.

replied 4 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.