• Class 4 laser

Posted by Margaret on November 15, 2020 at 9:52 am

My husband had a heart attack on August 28/20 He had angiogram and Coronary Stent inserted,Family thought this was cause of his breathlessness.He was discharged from hospital Soon after arriving home Received a call from the pulmonologist with diagnosis of IPF with 2 to 4 years to live.The Family was devastated with this diagnosis.I am interested in the class 4 laser ….With Coronary Stent involved can you still be a candidate for this procedure .Serrapeptase isn’t an option as it also thins the blood and my husband is on blood thinners. Thanks in advance for any help on this issue

Charlene Marshall replied 3 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Charlene Marshall

November 15, 2020 at 10:02 am

Hi Margaret,

Thanks so much for writing, though so sorry to hear of your husband’s recent health issues and IPF diagnosis. It’s important to remember that while many physicians do give the prognosis of 3-5 years, that information is outdated and was published before the two FDA-approved anti-fibrotic medications became available for IPF. Can your husband qualify to get on them, either Ofev or Esbriet?

I’m not too sure about the class 4 laser questions, perhaps you could help out @drandyhall ? No pressure, though and I hope you’re doing well.

There has been a lot of discussion on the laser treatments Margaret, some can be found in these threads:

Laser Therapy Results

Laser therapy

Laser Treatment

We at PF News aren’t and of course, cannot, endorse laser therapy but I wanted to share some threads of members conversing about this topic if it is helpful.
    Take care,
    Char.

• Margaret

November 16, 2020 at 5:02 pm

Thanks so much Charlene for further info on laser We are still looking into it I am waiting for Chiropractor in Almonte Ontario Canada to get back to us.She was out of office when we contacted her. Take Care

• Margaret

December 10, 2020 at 7:58 pm

Prior to laser treatments …We mentioned to his Pulmonologist about our interest in laser therapy After my husband had three laser treatments.We thought it best we inform the Doctor we were going ahead with the treatment Doctor then advised not to use laser as IPF could lead to cancer We were also told at the laser clinic that if there was any  cancer Laser would accelerate it So of course we decided against treatment Sorry to say we don’t have the best Pulmonologist He has given us very little information.When  we mentioned Laser in the beginning he should have given his thoughts on it.I think it is something he doesn’t believe in .My husband is now on Esbriet We will see how that goes.Hope all is well with you.Thanks to you and the forum for all of your help and support

• Charlene Marshall

December 10, 2020 at 9:26 pm

Hi Margaret,

Thank you for circling back and letting us know your doctor’s thoughts on laser – truthfully, I’m not surprised. Many physicians stick to the literature and research/science (and I don’t blame them) and unfortunately laser has not been studied yet, so many MDs shy away from encouraging any alternative therapies. Sorry to hear you don’t feel comfortable/confident in your Pulmonologist though, can you get a referral for a different one? Good care starts with a good relationship with your physician. Just a thought? Hang in there and wishing your husband luck with the Esbriet.

Take care,
        Charlene.

• Charlene Marshall

November 17, 2020 at 10:46 am

No problem @margaret, happy to help where I can! I hope the chiropractor gets back to you, keep us posted and goodluck.
    Char.