Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Using Our Forums Laser Treatment. Whats going on?

• Laser Treatment. Whats going on?

Posted by thom on March 16, 2020 at 2:25 pm

I try to read all that is posted on this site.  Please pardon me if i skipped by this.  But ive not read anything lately about those that have been getting laser treatments.  Are there any updates on treatments and how are those of you doing?

Thanks…..Thom

Charlene Marshall replied 4 years ago 8 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • kristina-grilo

March 16, 2020 at 4:35 pm

I continue do do them twice a week and it’s keeping me stable. No drugs and just ocasional oxygen

• john-styles

March 17, 2020 at 7:50 am

@thom

Most of the posting are under Pulmonary Fibrosis and awareness and under laser results. I have been doing laser for 15 months now and I am stable, prior to laser I had a steady decline.  Andy Hall posted a interesting

article from 6 years ago and it reported on the success with laser and viruses and done by the NIH. I have gone to twice a week to try to make thru the corno virus outbreak the publication   “Pubmed @ PMC4171215”

• don-burns

March 17, 2020 at 11:59 am

I can’t find the postings concerning laser therapy treatments or Andy Hall. I am a novice poster on this forum, so John, or someone, would you tell me specifically how to find these postings? When I put in keywords such as “laser therapy results” or “laser therapy” in the “Search Forums” box, I only get “No Results.” Thank you.

• john-styles

March 17, 2020 at 2:41 pm

the above post tells where to find the posted results, first go to forums.

• rand-obrien

March 17, 2020 at 3:40 pm

I may have missed something…most probably….but I don’t understand what “laser treatement” is.  What happens specifically during a laser treatment and how, then, is it helpful?

Rand O’Brien

• andrew-hall-dc

March 17, 2020 at 4:18 pm

@rlobrien

Hi Rand,

Laser therapy is very well known to reduce inflammation and promotes healing.  We have found it very helpful for the vast majority of PF patients.  I am a Chiropractor and have been using laser therapy in my practice since the FDA approved it in 2004.  When I was diagnosed with IPF 6 years ago I started on laser therapy.  My next 2 PFT’s had actually improved.  I am still stable after 6 years, I continue with the laser on a weekly basis. No drugs.  My O2 remains at 97.  I have had no real progression of the disease.  Due to all the patients that had positive results with it I started a research project on laser therapy for IPF patients.  I continue to refer patients to laser therapy providers, having referred over 300 to date.  I know of only 3-4 patients that claim to have no objective or subjective changes with laser therapy.  Laser therapy is NOT a cure but another way to manage the disease and we find that the majority stay stable.

If you go to my website you can learn more details about laser therapy.  Go to summit-chiropractic.com  then click on IPF.  I hope this answers most of your questions on this subject.

• Charlene Marshall

March 17, 2020 at 4:32 pm

Hi @donburns ,

No problem, we’re happy to help you! The forum platform is not always the easiest to use. Here are the threads discussing laser therapy if you’re interested in learning more. I did close threads “I and II” due to volume, but the third one is still open. Happy reading!

https://pulmonaryfibrosisnews.com/forums/forums/topic/laser-therapy/

https://pulmonaryfibrosisnews.com/forums/forums/topic/laser-therapy-part-ii/

https://pulmonaryfibrosisnews.com/forums/forums/topic/laser-therapy-part-iii/

Let me know if you have any further questions.
    Charlene.

laser therapy

• karen-boettin

March 17, 2020 at 4:33 pm

I stopped treatment for 3 weeks while in Florida and expected to start again but my Mom got sick and I’m stuck away with her for weeks now .She is 94 and can’t be left alone now.She sadly probably will never be able to be alone like she was before.I not close enough to see my Dr to get treatment.I still feel better but with this covid 19 I guess I’m safer.

• Charlene Marshall

March 17, 2020 at 4:35 pm

Thanks for taking time to reply @drandyhall ! Hope you’re doing well.

@rlobrien , I also posted the links to all three forum discussions about laser therapy. More is described within those about what it is, how it is administered and testimonials from those who have tried it. It’s a lot of information, but I’ve heard folks say its helpful reading about it. Happy reading! Char.

• Charlene Marshall

March 17, 2020 at 4:37 pm

Sorry to hear that your Mom has fallen ill Karen, that is never easy! Kudos to you for caring for her, and stay safe amidst this COVID-19. I know it has a lot of people feeling anxious, understandably so. Take good care.