• Posted by nathalie-m on September 9, 2022 at 10:34 am

Hi,     just joined you very interesting  group.    I don’t have an ” official ” diagnosis,  but i have symptoms  such as lung scaring,   pulmonary test  at moderate and finger clubing and of course shortness of breath with  easy activity.   ( no coughing).   I am being followed by a respiratologist.

My question  is:  is it typical to suffer episodes  where symptoms are seriously noticeable  and lasts a bit ?    This is my second  time in a few months  that i have major muscle  pain,  neck pain,  major fatigue,  and fever. ?    I tought I read somewhere  neck pain was a thing?

vince-stravino replied 1 year, 5 months ago 0 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • vince-stravino

October 27, 2022 at 2:53 pm

I have Interstitial Lung Disease-one of many variants of Pulmonary Fibrosis.My Flares are intense bronchitis/pneumonia, productive cough, fatigue, but I usually do not have significant muscle pain,fever,or neck pain. I have an old arthritic neck with aches but never with a flare.My flare lasts 3-4 weeks and the most effective treatment is cortical steroids.
    I went for several years before my diagnosis was given, based on a HIGH RESOLUTION CT SCAN OF THE CHEST plus an abnormal pulmonary test and exertional shortness of breath. I found a second opinion helpful at a University Pulmonary Fibrosis Center to confirm the diagnosis and offer treatment ideas. Good luck on this journey. Join a support group if you haven’t already.
    Vince S