• I’m new here.

Posted by pastordan on January 12, 2024 at 11:04 am

Doc’s satisfied that it’s time to start OFEV, so I thought I should introduce myself to some people who have been there, done that. I am a (mostly) retired pastor, building and zoning official, trades instructor, and I was born a Buckeye, but decided I had enough bitter cold and slippery surfaces. Been in the Tampa Bay region almost 6 years, more or less. And I gotta go get lunch and go to work, so I’ll see y’all later. Peace and blessings to all.

Pete Besio replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • don-moffett

January 16, 2024 at 2:22 pm

Welcome, and bless you and your journey before you. OFev is an adjustment period, learn what foods work for you, OFev will tell you what doesn’t. Talk to your doctor about Rx strength Omega 3 fish oil, there are great research studies that describe the positive impact it has. We are all here to support you Dan, just reach out.

Don

• Pete Besio

January 16, 2024 at 2:27 pm

I am always curious why Drs. Prescribe OFEV. My opinion is side effects are worse than Esbriet, which I have been taking for 3-4 years.

Hers is info that my tip the scales in the drug choice: I just ordered Pirfinidone (generic Esbriet) from CostPlusDrugs in the US, 90 801mg tablets for $199 plus shipping $5. No, that is not a typo. If I would have stayed at CVS, my Medicare out of pocket would be over $1000. My opinion, shared by my pulmo, is these drugs are marginally helpful, so I will take the $$$ savings!!!

Pete