Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Gail Eiben
      Participant

Hello, a crt & mri done for adrenal noted scarring on lungs but no doctor alerted me I looked up & found info, was shocked.have appt w/pulmonary doc on 9/28.looking at drug cost I am on fixed income with original Medicare & medigap &small pension. does anyone know if a Medicare advantage plan better for drug costs. I am totally depressed now.thx for any response and wish everyone prayers

Robin Oakman
      Participant

Gail – you may find that Medicare Advantage would be better for a couple of reasons. First, there are choices with zero premium. Additionally, if you are on a fixed income, there may be additional financial help available for you through your state Medicaid system that helps to pay your Part B premium and copays. I used to have a business as a Medical Billing Advocate and worked in healthcare administration for more than 20 years. I don’t know what state you live in, so I can’t speak to your specific options. Medicare open enrollment is just around the corner. I would be happy to go over your options with you. I was diagnosed with PF/Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis 2 years ago. Not fun. My doctor has worked with me to find drug options that are cheaper. Since you apparently have not seen a Pulmonologist yet, don’t jump the gun worrying about prescription costs. Self-care is so important now. Hope this helps a bit.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account