• Larry70

January 16, 2024 at 2:25 pm

I don’t think there is any clear evidence that taking NAD will help significantly or at all – but I think that as long as I just take the recommended dose, it won’t do any harm. Even a slight chance of helping to slow or stop the progression is worth it to me (even though the brand I take is somewhat expensive) I get mine from Amazon and my limited research makes me think that the Thorne brand should be reliable in terms of purity, accurate dosage and bioavailability. They say that Thorne NiaCel 400 Nicotinamide Supplement

• Boost NAD+: As a direct precursor to NAD+, Nicotinamide Riboside efficiently promotes the body’s production of NAD+, which, in turn, plays an integral role in many body functions, including DNA and cellular repair, energy production in the mitochondria, and cellular communication*

– Here’s a link https://www.amazon.com/Thorne-NiaCel-400-Nicotinamide-Supplement/dp/B08WPXPTD8
    I also take Thorne Zinc Picolinate 30 mg and resveratrol that I ordered online from Costco (best price) after reading the discussion here about the studies done at Ceder’s Sinai by Dr. Paul Noble. It had been suggested that taking these three items together might offer the greatest benifit.

What I’m less sure of it if I should discuss taking this with my pulmonologist or not. I suspect he would just say there aren’t even any clinical trials for this and isn’t proven to have any benifit. I doubt he would say something like “Awesome, go with it.”

• JD

January 17, 2024 at 8:31 am

👍

• ray-dingman

January 16, 2024 at 2:55 pm

Wondering if you mean NAC? I have been taking NAC 600 twice a day since 2009. Started OFEV 150 in 2016. I get my NAC from Puritan Pride mail order.

Ray Dingman

• Shelly

January 16, 2024 at 3:47 pm

I’ve been doing IV NAD 250 mg monthly. I’m doing it for telomeres support, as my telomeres are shortening faster than my chronological age due to the IPF.

• Steve Dragoo

January 16, 2024 at 4:29 pm

I started NAD and Sirtuin 1 about 6 months ago as I have been medically on my own in the Philippines 4.5+ years. So now stateside and after 2 exacerbations – 1 very serious; the other mild, I am certain these 2 combined (with a bunch of other stuff) help me. Each of us is different so not a recommendation. Also been taking NAC and Quercetin. My IPF is 7+ years now and I have experienced mild progression according to the stateside doctor. Initial progression was a little faster. I will add healthy healthy diet, water, and watching your weight are significant factors and contribute to your overall stamina.

• Vicki Zolenski

January 23, 2024 at 7:23 pm

Hi to Steve and all in this forum . I read a lot of your posts when my mom was initially diagnosed with IPF 5 years ago at age 84. I started giving my mom a regimen of herbs and supplements after reading about what was helping you. She improved with every checkup. Went off all the nebulizer drugs but continued to use oxy at night. Last checkup they reduced her night oxy from 2 to 1. She has been in and out of hospital last three mos for pneumonia (first bout in 5 yrs) and needing an aortic valve replacement – critical. Her regimen has been SerrakorNK serrapeptase/nattkinase (pricey but excellent), Fei fu kang chinese herb (eagleherbs.com), vit d, quercetin, good quality multi with c, zinc, etc.), and *chickweed*. Chickweed is such an underappreciated herb. It thins and moves mucus. You can take 5/6 at a time for a few hours in a row to stop a bronchial infection. Just drink extra water as it has a mild diretic effect. This is an herb for all of you to get to know. Her cough disappeared with this regimen. Please do say a prayer for my mom as she’s fighting a two-front battle. Thank you all and God bless you!

• Larry70

January 16, 2024 at 9:48 pm

NAC isn’t the same thing as NAD https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1018/n-acetyl-cysteine-nac from reading this webmd article, it sounds like something that would be best taken with caution and under MD supervision – a lot of drug interactions and such.

• billrussell

February 20, 2024 at 3:02 pm

after recently reading Dr nobles article I’ve decided to try the nad+, surtuin, and zinc regimen in addition to ofev

I also take tyvaso for ph.

two things that work for me:

kellogs rainson bran every morning. I haven’t had diarrhea once since I started it .

muscinex dm 1200. I every 12 hours. has stopped my cough totally.

• Larry70

February 20, 2024 at 4:35 pm

If you go to the PF Warriors website and join (free) they have a section under the videos of past webinars. One of these videos has an hour and half talk by Dr. Paul Noble about his Zinc/NAD+/Resveratrol regime. Very informative and worthwhile talk. However, he repeatedly makes it clear that with no clinical trials and such there’s no real way of knowing for sure if it will work or not. https://pfwarriors.com/