Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums PF Communities Caregivers and Spouses National Caregivers day February 21, 2020

• National Caregivers day February 21, 2020

Posted by Mark Koziol on February 18, 2020 at 6:00 pm

National Caregiver Day is the 3rd Friday in the month of February. Many of our forum members are caregivers to patients living with IPF/PF. As a patient who suffered with IPF, I know firsthand how important my wife was to me throughout this journey. I know the sacrifices she made and the support she gave me both physically and emotionally. I feel fortunate to have such a caring person in my life.  To all the caregivers out there, I praise you and wish nothing but the best for you.

If you are a patient, please write a comment on this topic thread commending your caregiver. We want to hear your praises on the difficult job they have taken upon themselves. They do this because of the love they have for their PF patient.

Caregivers: we want to hear how you have taken care of yourselves during this difficult time. I know a caregiver must take time for themselves. Long hours are put in and the times are stressful for all involved. There must be a stress release. Other forum members, perhaps those in the same position as you, want to hear your suggestions on how to take care of yourselves when caring for others.

Mark Koziol replied 4 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Suzanne R Brennan

February 20, 2020 at 11:03 am

I could not do this on my own. I have a wonderful husband and our marriage is 44 years strong! He is thoughtful and knows when he needs to step in to help me and when to let me do things on my own. Believe me, this is not a universal trait! But I love it about him. While he has some health issues of his own which I try to help him with, he puts me ahead of himself.

I adore him!

• Mark Koziol

February 20, 2020 at 1:34 pm

Hello Suzanne, your husband sounds like an extraordinary man. Not everyone can be a caregiver, it takes a special person to care for others. Congrats on your 44 years and may you have many more years together. Thank you replying. Take care of each other and best wishes to both of you. Mark