Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums PF Communities Caregivers and Spouses November is National Caregivers Awareness Month.

• November is National Caregivers Awareness Month.

Posted by Charlene Marshall on November 9, 2018 at 10:12 am

Being a caregiver to someone living with any chronic illness is difficult, especially one like idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) that significantly impacts all of our physical abilities. Since my own diagnosis of IPF a few years ago, I have often said that I believe being a caregiver to someone living with this disease would be harder than being the patient. I just can’t imagine watching your loved one change so much from a disease that “just happens” and was not caused in anyway. I think it would be gut wrenching to witness this and not be able to do anything about it …

As a result, I want to ensure that all of our amazing IPF caregivers are recognized this month which is National Caregivers Awareness Month. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for what you do for us, we wouldn’t be able to navigate this journey and do this fight without you!

Pulmonary Fibrosis News has published many different columns from patients living with IPF, highlighting our efforts to say thank you…. we couldn’t do this without you:

Thanks, PF Caregivers! You Earn Our Appreciation Every Day.

IPF Caregiver and Mentor’s Advice: Treasure the Time We Have Left 

A Reminder that Caregiving is Hard and a Message of Thanks.

Sharing the Joy of Being Able to Say ‘Thank You’. 

Please know how important you are in our journey, and how much we love, value and appreciate you. For all the patients living with IPF/PF on our forums, let’s collectively come together to say a huge thank you to our amazing friends and family who care give to our needs as we navigate this illness:

Thank you all!

Who is your biggest supporter since being diagnosed with IPF/PF? 

Do you have a message of thanks for them, or a special way you recognize them for their caregiving efforts? Please share it with us!

replied 5 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.